>What is this course about?
This course will increase awareness and trains the staff and students in safe handling of powered pleasure craft within the port of Singapore. The course will emphasize on the theory and practical aspects of good seamanship and navigation to meet MPA regulatory requirements.
Participants must be at least 16 years of age and has normal colour vision and to read down to and including line 5 (6/12) with or without artificial appliance. The person is not physically handicapped.
Assumed Skills and Knowledge
The course introduces students to both theoretical and practical boat handling and nautical terms including:
- Watchkeeping and lookout duties on boats;
- Regulations for preventing collision at sea (ROR);
- Singapore port and pleasure craft regulations;
- IALA maritime buoyage system;
- General chart information and chart work;
- Boat equipment and tidal information; and
- Emergency procedures and safe practices when handling the boats.
Mode of Assessment
Participants are not required to sit for any examination.
A Certificate of Attendance will be issued to every participant whose attendance is not less than 75%.
1. All applications must be made via Online Registration at pace.sp.edu.sg
Course fees can be paid by the following payment modes:
a) For e-payment using Visa/Master cards, please click on the ‘Make ePayment’ button on the acknowledgement page to proceed.
b) For NETS payment, you can pay at:
Blk T1A, Level 1
Mon-Fri: 8:30am to 7:30pm
c) For Cash payment, you can pay at:
Admin Building, Level 2
Mon-Fri: 8:30am to 5:00pm
d) Cheques should be made payable to Singapore Polytechnic. Please cross the cheque and write the Registration Reference ID, Applicant Name and NRIC/FIN number on the back of the cheque. Mail the cheque to:
ATTN: Manager (CET Programmes)
500 Dover Road
Blk T1A, Level 1
Please note that an administrative charge of $15 will be imposed for any returned cheques from the bank or financial institution.
2. All successful applicants will be notified with a letter of confirmation via email.
3. Withdrawal and Deferment
Withdrawal and deferment notice must be made in writing to the Professional & Adult Continuing Education (PACE) Academy via email to email@example.com. For withdrawal cases, the portion of course fee to be refunded is based on the date of notice as follows:
• 2 weeks before the commencement of the course - Full refund
• Less than 2 weeks before commencement of the course - 70% refund
• On or after date of commencement - No refund
The Singapore Polytechnic reserves the right to cancel or postpone any of the courses. Applicants will be duly notified and where applicable, the full fees will be refunded.
The Singapore Polytechnic also reserves the right to amend the fees charged or the period and duration of the courses.
The data provided to Singapore Polytechnic will be kept strictly confidential and will be used for the purpose of course administration. The data may be passed on to the relevant organisations that require the information related to the course.
Enquiry on the course content, please email Capt Mohd Rosdi at firstname.lastname@example.org
Back to top