About this course
This training provides occupational knowledge and skills to raise the standard of the food service establishment by equipping the supervisory staff with practical knowledge and application skills to implement the Singapore Standards: Guidelines on Food Safety Management for Food Service Establishments.
Food Hygiene Officers, Supervisors, Food Establishment Owners, Regulatory Officers/ Enforces, QA/QC Managers, Chefs, Managements (PMETs)
Assumed Skills and Knowledge
1. Employability Skill System at least Level 4;
2. Basic food hygiene knowledge on pre-requisite programmes for Food Safety Management System;
3. Knowledge on Singapore Food Hygiene Regulations;
4. Individual applicants are required to source a food establishment set-up for drawing up of FSMS plan and taking the practical assessment for completion and passing of the course as NEA does not allow mock kitchen set-up
Course Fee: $1,170.00 (excl GST)
UTAP (Union Training Assistance Programme)
NTUC union members enjoy 50% (unfunded) course fee support for up to $250 each year when you enrol for courses supported under UTAP (Union Training Assistance Programme). Conditions apply.
For more information, please call NTUC Membership hotline at 6213 8008 or email UTAP@e2i.com.sg Website: http://skillsupgrade.ntuc.org.sg
||Amount Payable (with GST)
|Singaporeans and PRs
|Singapore Citizens 40 years old and above
|Workfare Training Support (WTS) letter holders / Singapore Citizens 35 years old and above (13 years and above for Persons With Disabilities) + earning <$2,000
|Singapore Citizens and PRs from Small and Medium Enterprises (SMEs)
Participants have to meet minimum 75% attendance and attain competency in the module. If the 75% attendance and/or competency criteria are not met, participants will have to pay the subsidy amount to Singapore Polytechnic.
With effect from January 2016, Singaporeans aged 25 years and above who received their SkillsFuture Credit account activation letter will be eligible for an initial credit of $500 which can be used to pay for course fees for a range of eligible skills-related courses. The credits can be used on top of existing course fee subsidies/funding.
This is only applicable for Self-Sponsored applicants and must be applied via SkillsFuture Credit Portal within 30 days prior to course commencement date.
Please submit your Declaration Form and Payslip upon successful enrolment.
This section describes the modes of assessment, assessment tools and the evidence gathering plans for Performance Statement and its related underpinning knowledge for the integrated unit: WSQ Apply FSMS for Food Establishments.
It contains tools that can be used to assess a person’s achievement of the Performance Statement defined for this integrated unit.
Mode of Assessment
All assessments will be conducted In-Course. Summative assessment is applied upon completion of this unit program unless otherwise stated in the evidence gathering plans.
For Chinese Class, mode of assessment will be carried out in the following method:
1. Written assessment (end of course) will be in Chinese
2. FSMS Plan (Part of the Practical Assessment) is to be submitted in English
- FSMS Plan will be covered in the lesson to equip the participants with the required information
Participants will be awarded Statement of Attainment if they achieved at least 75% attendance rate as well as certified competent through all assessments and projects required by the course.
Documents Required for Registration
1. Photocopy (back and front) of NRIC for Singaporeans and PRs, or “Employment”/ “S” Pass for foreign
2. Copies of your academic certificate/result slip/ transcript (eg: GCE ‘N’, ‘O’ Certificate, NITEC, Diploma, Degree, WPLN SOA)
3. WSQ Certification in Basic Food Hygiene or equivalent
4. WSQ Declaration Form (Download here > WSQ Declaration Form)
- For company-sponsored applicant, please proceed to submit the Training Grant (TG) application via SkillsConnect within 30 days before the course start date otherwise full course fee ($1,251.90) will be charged.
5. Payslip is required for applicant who is 35 years old and above (13 years and above for Persons With Disabilities) with monthly income $2,000.00 or less OR to produce WTS letter to enjoy WTS funding.
IMPORTANT: Applications without ALL of the above required supporting documents will be considered incomplete and rejected. Singapore Polytechnic regrets that we will not be able to inform individual applicants of the incomplete documentation nor disclose the reasons for selection/non-selection of applicants.
Successful applicants will receive an email for payment.
a) For e-payment using Visa/Master cards, ePayment link will be provided in the email.
b) For NETS payment, please pay at:
Blk T1A, Level 1
Mon-Fri: 8:30am to 7:30pm
c) Cheques should be made payable to Singapore Polytechnic. Please cross the cheque and write the Registration Reference ID, Applicant Name and NRIC/FIN number on the back of the cheque. Mail the cheque to:
500 Dover Road
Blk T1A, Level 1
II) Company sponsored
Cheques should be made payable to Singapore Polytechnic. Please cross the cheque and write the Registration Reference ID, Applicant Name and NRIC/FIN number on the back of the cheque. Mail the cheque to:
500 Dover Road
Blk T1A, Level 1
Withdrawal and Deferment
Withdrawal and deferment notice must be made in writing to the Professional & Adult Continuing Education (PACE) Academy via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. For withdrawal cases, the portion of course fee to be refunded is based on the date of notice as follows:
• 2 weeks before the commencement of the course - Full refund
• Less than 2 weeks before commencement of the course - 70% refund
• On or after date of commencement - No refund
* Unless otherwise stated in the course webpage
The Singapore Polytechnic reserves the right to cancel or postpone any of the courses. Applicants will be duly notified and where applicable, the full fees will be refunded.
The Singapore Polytechnic also reserves the right to amend the fees charged or the period and duration of the courses.
General Administration PACE
8.30am - 6.00pm (Mon - Thur)
8.30am - 5.30pm (Fri)
8.30am - 8.00pm (Mon - Fri)
The Office is closed on Saturdays, Sundays and Public Holidays.
Terms and Conditions
Back to top