This Diploma course in Business Practice (Business Management) will comply with the revised CET Diploma Framework. The revised CET Diploma Framework specifies that each CET diploma course consists of five 180-hour modular certificates (MC). Each MC comprising 180 curriculum hours, is designed to be completed in one academic semester. The 180 curriculum hours may include flexible learning hours which are non-timetabled curriculum hours set aside for self-paced learning activities like eLearning or project assignments.
Participants are required to bring computer Notebook to when attending lessons, as you may need it to access the e-learning materials, writing reports, etc.
The objective of the part-time diploma is to provide a broad-based business education with emphasis on key business functions as well as communication, information technology and problem-solving skills. The modules have been carefully selected to address the necessary skills and knowledge required by a person who aspires career advancement.
The diploma is suitable for working adults who want a broad-based business education with an emphasis on key business functions as well as communication, information technology and problem-solving skills.
Minimum Entry Requirements
Applicants with any of the following qualifications are invited to apply for the Part-Time diploma:
a) The following GCE 'O' Level grades and with at least 3 years of relevant working experience :
English Language Grade 1 – 6
Mathematics (Elementary or Additional) Grade 1 – 6
Any One other subject excluding CCA Grade 1 – 6
b) Nitec with GPA ≥ 3.5 and with at least 2 years of relevant working experience.
c) Higher Nitec with at least 1 year of relevant working experience.
d) Nitec in Technology/Services with GPA ≥ 3.5 with at least 2 years of relevant working experience and successful completion of bridging programme conducted by ITE.
e) Higher Nitec in Technology/Services with at least 1 year of relevant working experience and successful completion of bridging programme conducted by ITE.
f) Relevant WSQ Diploma qualification or equivalent, with at least 3 years of relevant working experience and WPLN at Level ≥ 6 for English and Mathematics.
Recognition of Prior Learning
Applicants who do not meet the entry requirements may be considered for admission to the course based on evidence of at least 5 years of relevant working experience or supporting evidence of competency readiness. Suitable applicants who are shortlisted will have to go through an interview and/or entrance test. The Polytechnic reserves the right to shortlist and admit applicants.
The course is a 2.5 years part-time programme. It consists of 5 Modular Certificates (MC) conducted over 5 semesters, 1 MC per semester. The first MC to start with is MC1. The classes are conducted in the evening. Each MC comprises two modules and the details are as follows:
MC 1 – Certificate in Business Fundamentals
BA4111 Business Statistics
BA4112 Basic Economics
BA4113 Marketing Fundamentals
LC9701 Interpersonal Skills and Proposal Writing
MC 2 – Certificate in Business Processes
BA4114 Fundamentals of Accounting
BA4115 Organisational Behaviour
BA4116 Introduction to Business Law
LC9702 Effective Business Communication Skills
MC 3 – Certificate in Business Applications
BA4121 Introduction to Electronic Business
BA4122 Essentials of Financial & Management Accounting
BA4126 Service Quality
MC 4 – Certificate in Business Operations
BA4131 Principles of Management
BA4132 Human Resource Management
BA4133 Financial Management
BA4134 Supply Chain Management
MC 5 – Certificate in Business Services
BA4124 Essentials of Consumer Psychology
BA4125 Essentials of Customer Relationship Management
BA4123 New Media Marketing
The synopsis of the modules can be found here.
Award / Certification / Accreditation
Upon completion of five Certificates within a five-year validity period, the participant will be conferred a Diploma qualification from Singapore Polytechnic.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
1. Which universities can I apply to after I complete my CET Diploma? You can apply to part-time undergraduate programmes which are relevant to your diploma course at UniSIM.
2. Will I need to take any bridging programme? The revised part-time diploma is intended to be more accessible to the workforce, and is made shorter in duration compared to the full-time diploma because broad-based interdisciplinary modules, final year projects and internships, as well as academic modules such as Mathematics and Sciences, are omitted. As such, most part-time undergraduate programmes would require you to go through a bridging programme to prepare you adequately before admission.
3. If I need to take the bridging programme, how much will it cost and how long will it take? While the bridging programmes are currently being worked out by the polytechnics and universities, the duration will depend on the type and nature of the part-time degree course that you apply for, and are expected to be between six months to a year. The fees will not be more expensive than undergraduate modules of comparable duration.
Please click here for Funding Incentives and Fees Matters
|DIPLOMA IN BUSINESS PRACTICE (BUSINESS MANAGEMENT)|
|Modular Certificates (MC)||SINGAPORE CITIZENS BELOW THE AGE OF 40||SINGAPORE CITIZENS AGED 40 AND ABOVE||SINGAPORE PR||ENHANCED TRAINING SUPPORT FOR SME SCHEME||WORKFARE TRAINING SUPPORT SCHEME||OTHERS / REPEAT STUDENTS|
|Certificate in Business Fundamentals||$470.91||$313.94||$1,255.75||$324.21||$177.51||$3,139.38|
|Certificate in Business Processes||$470.91||$313.94||$1,255.75||$324.21||$177.51||$3,139.38|
|Certificate in Business Applications||$470.91||$313.94||$1,255.75||$324.21||$177.51||$3,139.38|
|Certificate in Business Operations||$470.91||$313.94||$1,255.75||$324.21||$177.51||$3,139.38|
|Certificate in Business Services/Certificate in Business Services (Tourism)||$470.91||$313.94||$1,255.75||$324.21||$177.51||$3,139.38|
|Total Course Fees:||$2,354.55||$1,569.70||$6,278.75||$1,621.05||$887.55||$15,696.90|
The fees shown (inclusive of 7% GST) are indicative as they are based on prevailing funding policies and subject to review. Module Certificate fee is payable on a semester basis.
Other Fees Payable:
|FEE DESCRIPTION||PER SEMESTER (AFTER GST)|
|SINGAPORE CITIZENS||SINGAPORE PR AND OTHERS|
|Statutory Licence Fee (CLASS)||$0.94||$0.94|
|Insurance Fee (GPA)||$0.85||$0.85|
|Students' Union Entrance Fee (one-time payment upon enrolment)||$5.00*(non-refundable)||$5.00*(non-refundable)|
|Students' Union Subscription Fee||$4.50*(non-refundable)||$4.50*(non-refundable)|
*Not subjected to GST
- The fees shown (inclusive of 7% GST) are indicative as they are based on prevailing funding policies and subject to review.
- Module Certificate Fee is payable on a semester basis.
- Part-Time Diploma course participants who submit the withdrawal notification 2 weeks before course commencement, an administrative fee of $50 (before GST) and Student Union related fees would be levied.
Please click here for application procedure
Date of Course Commencement:
15 Oct 2018
Please click here to register your interest
1 Jun - 31 Jul 2018
* Registration may be closed once seats are filled up
Every Mon, Tue, Wed & Thu
6.30pm to 9.30pm
900 hours (2.5yr)
MC to start with: