The marketing and retail landscape changes rapidly, generating talent gaps for skilled digital marketing professionals both at entry level positions as well as with existing industry practitioners. In addition, social media is one of the fastest growing industries in the world and it has become a powerful marketing, branding and communication channel. Companies use social media to engage and build relationship with their customers, to establish their brand and increase their brands’ visibility. These advancements have brought about talent gaps for skilled digital marketing and analytics professionals.
The Annual Survey on Infocomm Manpower 2015 (by Info-communications Media Development Authority of Singapore (IMDA)) reported a growing demand for non-tech specialist job roles/functions. In particular, in the Sales & Marketing Cluster, the industry demand for 2015 stood at 13,360. There is a very strong 3-year projected increase of 52% in industry demand or another 6,950 places in the Sales & Marketing Cluster by 2018.
Our Specialist Diploma in Digital Marketing and Analytics (NSDMA) jointly designed by the 3 schools:
Singapore Polytechnic’s Business School (SB),
School of Digital Media and Infocomm Technology (DMIT), and
School of Communication, Arts and Social Sciences (CASS)
is tailored for diploma and degree holders who wish to acquire emerging skillsets in the digital marketing job functions and to provide skills upgrading opportunities for the Digital Marketing job function. The NSDMA leverages the strengths of each school: SB in digital marketing strategy and campaign development; CASS in social media marketing strategy and digital content development; and DMIT in digital and social media listening and analytics. This programme is designed to help the students stay relevant and keep up to date with digital marketing and digital analytics industry.
The course is designed to facilitate life-long learning and bite-size acquisition of digital marketing and analytics skills to responsively meet the needs of working professionals. At the end of the course, the students will be able to:
- Understand and apply varied digital marketing strategies to different business models in reaching overall marketing objectives.
- Explore the many possibilities of Digital Marketing in streamlining business processes, support overall marketing objectives and to add brand value to an organization.
- Equip students with the skills and knowledge to analyze and optimize website performance with the use of web analytics software and methodologies. Students will learn to develop, optimize and execute search engine marketing plans and campaigns. Drive strategy for search engine marketing initiatives ensuring that revenue, budget, ROI and other business goals are met.
- Equip students with online tools and social media outreach for viral marketing and to foster interaction, engagement and discussion regarding the company’s products and services.
- Analyze unstructured textual data on social media platforms to gain insights to support business decision making as well as provide recommendations.
This course is suitable for working adults in any industry who wish to pick up specialised skills and knowledge in digital marketing and analytics.
Minimum Entry Requirements
Applicants should have a Polytechnic Diploma or Degree in Information Technology, Business or any other relevant discipline.
Recognition of Prior Learning
Applicants who do not meet the entry requirements may apply for admission to the course by producing evidence of at least 5 years relevant working experience or supporting information to ascertain their competency readiness. Eligible applicants who are shortlisted will have to go through an interview and/or entrance test.
The Polytechnic reserves the right to shortlist eligible applicants and admit applicants who perform well in the interview and/or entrance test.
The course is a one-year part-time programme. It consists of 2 Post Diploma Certificates (PDC) conducted over 2 semesters, 1 PDC per semester. The first PDC to start with is PDC1. The classes are conducted in the evening.
This course consists of 2 post diploma certificates (PDCs). Each PDC comprises three modules and the details are as follows:
Please click here for Module Synopsis
Post-Diploma Certificate (PDC1): Digital Marketing Strategies and Analytics
Module 1: Digital Marketing Fundamentals
Module 2: Digital Marketing Strategies
Module 3: Digital Analytics
Module 1: Social Media Marketing
Module 2: Digital Content Development
Module 3: Social Media Analytics
Award / Certification / Accreditation
Upon completion of two Certificates within a two-year validity period, the participant will be conferred a Specialist Diploma qualification from Singapore Polytechnic.
Click here for Funding Incentives and Fees Matters.
|SPECIALIST DIPLOMA IN DIGITAL MARKETING AND ANALYTICS|
|POST DIPLOMA CERTIFICATES (PDC)||SINGAPORE CITIZENS BELOW THE AGE OF 40||SINGAPORE CITIZENS AGED 40 AND ABOVE||SINGAPORE PR||ENHANCED TRAINING SUPPORT FOR SME SCHEME||WORKFARE TRAINING SUPPORT SCHEME||OTHERS / REPEAT STUDENTS|
|Certificate in Digital Marketing Strategies and Analytics||$486.32||$324.21||$1,296.84||$334.82||$183.32||$3,242.10|
|Certificate in Social Media Marketing and Analytics||$486.32||$324.21||$1,296.84||$334.82||$183.32||$3,242.10|
|Total Course Fees:||$972.64||$648.42||$2,593.68||$669.64||$366.64||$6,484.20|
Other Fees Payable:
|FEE DESCRIPTION||PER SEMESTER (AFTER GST)|
|SINGAPORE CITIZENS||SINGAPORE PR AND OTHERS|
|Statutory Licence Fee (CLASS)||$0.94||$0.94|
|Insurance Fee (GPA)||$0.85||$0.85|
- The fees shown (inclusive of 7% GST) are indicative as they are based on prevailing funding policies and subject to review.
- Post Diploma Module Certificate fee is payable on a semester basis.
- Post Diploma course participants who submit the withdrawal notification 2 weeks before course commencement, an administrative fee of $50 (before GST) would be levied.
Date of Course Commencement:
16 April 2018
* Registration may be closed once seats are filled up
Every Tue, Wed & Thu
6:30 pm - 9:30 pm
300 hours (1 year)
PDC to start with: