28 hours / 4 days
Mode of Training:
Facilitated Learning (F2F)
Eligible for SkillsFuture Credit
*Please note that once the maximum class size is reached, the online registration will be closed.
You may register your interest, and would be notified if there is new run.
This workshop is designed to introduce Design Thinking fundamentals that will help business stakeholders create innovative solutions as well as equipping participants with essential skills to analyze, ideate and think creatively through visualizations, creating prototypes and innovating concepts/ideas.
Learning the Empathy Study Plan
Experience applying selected empathy study methods and tools
Developing the idea
User Empathy - to uncover consumer insights that will help identify innovation opportunities with tools such as tools for empathy studies, data clustering,persona, and ways to uncover user needs.
Ideation- application of creative thinking in designing concepts/ideas that could meet the needs of the various stakeholders using various methods for idea generation.
Prototyping - introduction to various ways of prototyping as well as testing ideas through co-creation.
1. Introduction to Design Thinking Using Design Thinking to generate Creative Ideas to Customers What is design thinking (DT) and how it has helped companies enhance customer service experience
An overview of the DT process - sense and sensibility, ethnographic research, the power of creativity in innovation.
2. Introduction to Design Thinking Methodologies and Understanding Customers' Needs Building up empathy for customers
Using the 2nd Sight in observations
Introduction to In-depth Interview
Using the POEMS framework
Ways on how to identify good interviews findings through good questioning techniques
3. Conducting Ethnographic Research
4. Design Thinking in Action - Taking Customers interview to gain insights for service innovation (Service and Product Innovation Opportunity)
Identification of User's Needs
Clustering of Customer's Needs
Identification of Key User Needs
Crafting Customer's Persona
Journey Experience Mapping
5. Exercising your creativity to design innovative concepts (Concept creation and Prototyping) Introduction to Concept Ideation
Story boarding to enhance customer experience
6. Putting your Innovation into Action!
(a) Co-creation to Iteration - Gathering feedback to improve on ideas Gallery Walk to gather feedback
Making plans to enhance your customer's experience with your final concept (b) Integrating your concept into a business model
Introduction to a business model canvas and its nine building blocks Populating your own business model canvas