All international students must have a valid pass to study in SP.

Even if your old Student's Pass for your secondary school has not expired, you are still required to apply for a new Student's Pass. 

The following steps will guide you on the Student's Pass Application Process.

Student's Pass Application Process

Click here for the "Student's Pass Application Process flowchart" .
Step 1:SP will send you an email notification and SMS (if you have provided your local contact number).
Step 2:When you receive the email/SMS, go to ICA-SOLAR website and click on "Student" button to start the application. 
Step 3:Login to SOLAR by keying the following:

SOLAR number#:
Date of Birth:

#Your SOLAR number is PS-2019-xxxxxxx00000000 where xxxxxxx is your SP Admission Number. 
For example: If your Admission Number is 1901882, your SOLAR number will be PS-2019-190188200000000. 

Step 4:Complete eForm16 and print a copy after submitting.

Note: If your name reflected in SOLAR is different from the name printed on your passport, do not submit eForm16.

Email immediately with a scanned copy of your passport particulars page. Indicate your full name, admission number, identification/FIN number and your offered course in the email, with email subject as "Wrong name in SOLAR". We will get back to you as soon as we can.  

Step 5:Once the application is approved (check the status at SOLAR website - View Application Status), print the In-Principle Approval (IPA) letter (click on Print Outcome Letter).
Step 6:After printing the IPA letter, you are required to complete the Student's Pass Formalities with the Immigration Checkpoint Authority (ICA) and collect your Student's Pass:

1) Book an e-appointment with ICA.

2) Go to ICA Building (in person) on the scheduled appointment date and time to complete the formalities and collect your Student's Pass. Refer to your IPA Letter for more information on what documents to bring on your appointment day. You may also visit ICA website for more details.

Important notes from ICA:

  • Students are reminded not to leave Singapore until you have collected your Student's Pass
  • Uncollected Student's Pass will be invalidated by ICA, which will result in students not having a valid pass to stay in Singapore
Step 7:Upon receipt of your Student's Pass, you should pay your course fees via AXS:
  • AXS Station via NETS (Machines located island-wide),
  • AXS e-Station (Internet)
  • AXS m-Station (Mobile/Tablet devices) via Credit Card (MASTER)

​Subsequently, submit a photocopy of your newly issued Student's Pass at Student Service Centre within one week of issuance of Student's Pass.

For payment in campus, please proceed to Student Service Centre located at Block T16 Level 1.  The payment options are:

  • Credit Card (VISA or MASTER)
  • Nets
  • Nets Flashpay
  • Nets QR code
  • Money Order / Cheque.

For Cash, please proceed to Finance Counter located at Administration Building Level 2.


It is important to submit a copy of your Student's Pass to SP to notify us that you have a valid pass to remain in Singapore.
Failure to submit will result in the delay of processing the Tuition Grant and Diploma Student Concession Card.

Chat with us