Q: Why Guest are not invited?

To protect our graduands, staff and campus community, and minimise the risk of transmission, the graduation ceremonies will be held over several days, capped at 250 participants for each session, in zones of up to 50 persons. Thus, institutions would not be able to accommodate guests given the limited time available for the graduation ceremonies to take place.

Parents are invited to view the live-stream of the event online and celebrate this milestone with us virtually.

Q: Can parents go to campus to take photos with their children?

Parents are invited to view the live stream of the event online and celebrate this milestone with us virtually.

To protect all staff and students on campus, we urge parents not to enter the campus, except to drop off and pick up your children from the designated drop-off points. Parents should not remain in campus for extended periods of time.  

Q: Can i remain on campus after my Graduation Ceremony ends?

You are required to leave the campus immediately at the end of your graduation ceremony.


Q: Do I have to check in to SafeEntry when I enter SP?

All persons entering SP’s premises must check-in to SafeEntry through either scanning their TraceTogether Token or via  the QR code using the TraceTogether App on their smartphone.

Other SafeEntry check-in modes, such as using phone’s camera, SingPass Mobile or other QR code reader apps, or using NRIC/FIN and other photo IDs, will not be accepted.

Q: What are the COVID-19 Safe Management Measures (SMM) during the Graduation Ceremony?


To ensure  the health and safety of our graduates, the following measures will be observed throughout the duration of the Graduation Ceremony:

  • Temperature screening

  • SafeEntry via the TraceTogether Token or mobile application

  • Designated entrances to the SP Convention Centre  

  • At least 1m safe distancing must be observed between individuals

  • Graduates must be seated at their assigned seats only

  • Wearing of face mask at all times (unless otherwise specified)

  • No intermingling between zones at all times before, during and after the ceremony. 

  • Safety ambassadors will be deployed to ensure Safe Management Measures are observed.

Q: Can I attend the Graduation Ceremony if I am or my household members are serving Stay Home Notice (SHN) or Leave of Absence (LOA)?



Graduands or graduands with household members  who are serving SHN or on LOA would not be allowed to attend the ceremony.



Q: Would the Graduation Ceremony proceed as planned in the event that the community transmission rates were to increase in the period leading up to the Graduation Ceremony?

The health and safety of our graduands and staff remain our top priority. We will only conduct physical Graduation Ceremony provided it is safe to do so with the prevailing SMM in place. Any cancellations would be communicated prior to the ceremony.  Do check your emails and the graduation webpage regularly for updates.




Q: I have been enlisted into National Service (NS). Can I still attend the Graduation Ceremony?

SP has written to the Central Manpower Base (CMPB), Ministry of Defence (MINDEF), to request for graduands in NS to be released to attend their Graduation Ceremony.  MINDEF usually tries its best to arrange for recruits to be released for part of the day to attend the Graduation Ceremony.  However, parents and graduands should note that the final decision as to whether NS men will be released from camp to attend the Graduation Ceremony lies with MINDEF.  The release of NS men is subject to exigencies of service and to the training schedules of units.  Approval will be given based on the unit's training requirements and practice.  NS men who wish to attend the Graduation Ceremony and who need the cover letter* enclosed in the Graduation Package to apply for time-off from their unit's Officer after their enlistment are therefore strongly advised to register their graduation attendance by the stipulated deadline. 
*The cover letter will only be sent to graduands who have indicated that they will be attending the graduation ceremony.  The letter will be sent together with your admission ticket, to your correspondence address about 1½ weeks before the start of the Graduation Ceremony. 
Please note that NS men are expected to follow the dress code for the ceremony.  SP's graduation gown should not be worn over any army uniform.  NS men are urged to seek approval from their unit commanders to be released from camp early enough for them to go home to change into their proper graduation gown for the ceremony.  Otherwise arrangements will need to be made for your civilian clothes to be brought to SP for you to change on campus.

Q: When and how will I know whether I have been awarded the Diploma with Merit and/or prize(s)?

Graduands may log in to the Student SAS2 > Prizes and Awards > Prizes and Awards Won) with effect from 5 April 2021 to find out whether they will be graduating with a Diploma with Merit (DWM), and if they have been awarded any prize(s).  An official congratulatory letter will be sent to all award recipients in late April*. 
*Graduands who need proof to show that they have been awarded DWM are advised to print the page while waiting for the official congratulatory letter from SP.

Q: What is a certification letter and how do I request for one?

The certification letter is an official letter from SP, addressed to "To Whom It May Concern".  It certifies that you have successfully completed your course of study and that you will be receiving your diploma scroll and transcript at the Graduation Ceremony in May.  The letter does not contain any exam grades.  You can print your cert letter through the student portal.

Q: Can I obtain my Diploma and Academic Transcript before the Graduation Ceremony?

No.  All graduands can only collect their diploma scroll and academic transcript at their respective Graduation Ceremony session.  As an interim solution, graduands may apply for a certification letter to support their applications for further studies or employment.

Q: Can I apply for an extra set of Academic Transcript before the Graduation Ceremony?

Yes.  Graduands may apply for another set of academic transcript at a charge of $10.70 per set (inclusive of GST).  For more details on how to apply for a transcript, please click here.

Q: Will my Diploma and Academic Transcript be posted to my home if I am unable to attend the Graduation Ceremony?

No.  Your diploma scroll and academic transcript will NOT be posted to your home address.  Please click here to find out more.

Q: How do I collect my Diploma and Academic Transcript if I am unable to attend the Graduation Ceremony?

Please click here to find out more.

When will I receive my Co-Curricular Activities (CCA) Statement?

All graduands who have a CCA Statement will receive it through the mail within the month of June.  To ensure successful delivery of the CCA documents, please update your latest mailing address by 5 April 2021.  Please note that if your mailing address is an overseas address, there may be some delays in receiving your documents.

If you have any queries on your non-receipt of your CCA documents after June 2021, please contact the Department of Student Development at 6775 1133.

Q: When will I receive the graduation package?

The package will be mailed to your correspondence address about 1½ weeks before the Graduation Ceremony.  Please note that the package will only be sent to graduands who have indicated that they will be attending the Graduation Ceremony.

Q: Can I watch the graduation proceedings if I cannot attend graduation?

You may watch the live streaming at https://www.sp.edu.sg/graduation2021 during the ceremony. 

The archived webcasts will be available after one working day at https://www.sp.edu.sg/sp/about-sp/why-sp/vibrant-student-life/events/sp-students/graduation-21/gallery

Q: Can I request for a change in date for my graduation?

No.  Graduands must attend the session that they have been allocated to as you have been scheduled based on your course.

Q: How can I order my graduation photos?

As you leave the stage, a login ID and password will be handed to you.  You will need the information to place orders for your photos online. 

Please click here for more information.

Q: Who can I contact if I have more questions about graduation matters?

You may contact the Customer Relation Unit (CRU) staff during office hours at 6775 1133.  Alternatively, you may e-mail us at contactus@sp.edu.sg.

Q: Will graduation ceremonies be held for the class of 2020?

In light of the COVID-19 pandemic, and to ensure  the continued safety and well-being of all members of the campus community, traditional graduation  ceremonies were cancelled in 2020.

Chat with us