If you have indicated your intention to attend the Graduation Ceremony, the following information will be useful.
The Singapore Polytechnic Convention Centre (SPCC) - How to get there and parking facilities
- The SPCC is located next to the Dover MRT Station. See Campus Map
- As parking facilities in the SP campus are limited, graduands are strongly advised to come by public transport.
- You may choose to come by:
- MRT (take the MRT and alight at Dover MRT Station (EW22), or
- Bus (take bus service no. 14, 74, 105, 106, 147, 166 or 185, and alight at the Dover MRT Station bus stop)
- Graduands who drive are advised to enter by Gate 1, along Dover Road.
- Note: Parking is chargeable at S$1.20 per hour.
Admission into the Singapore Polytechnic Convention Centre (SPCC)
- Admission into the SPCC is strictly by admission ticket only.
- Graduands who are feeling unwell, or with temperatures of 38oC and above, are advised to stay at home.
- The doors to the SPCC will be opened 30 minutes before the start of each session.
- Graduands who have indicated their intention to attend the graduation ceremony will be sent a Graduation Package about 1½ to 2 weeks before the Graduation Ceremony. The package will contain a bar-coded admission ticket (for the graduand).
Robing of Graduation Attire
- All graduands attending the ceremony have to wear the SP Graduation Attire.
- Robing may be done at the Level 1 or 2 Foyer of the SPCC.
- Graduands should put on their graduation attires before going to their assigned seats inside the SPCC Hall.
Door Opening Time & Seating Time
- The Graduation Ceremony will start officially at 9am, 11am, 1.30pm, 3.30pm and 5.30pm. *The Graduation Ceremony on 7 May for the afternoon sessions will start at 2.30 pm and 5.00 pm.
- Graduands are requested to be seated 15 minutes before the official starting time for each ceremony session.
- During this period, a series of specially prepared videos will be screened in the SPCC.
- As a respect to others in the ceremony, graduands who are late will have to wait for an appropriate break before being admitted into the SPCC Hall.
Seating Arrangements for Graduands
- Graduands will be seated in separate seating blocks. (Zone 1 to 5)
- Graduands will be assigned seat numbers and must be seated in their allocated seats.
Important Things to Note in the SPCC
- Food and beverages are not allowed in the SPCC.
- For safety reasons, balloons are not allowed in the SPCC as it may be a fire hazard.
- During the ceremony, graduands are requested to switch their mobile phones and other beeping devices to silent mode.
- Professional photographers have been engaged by SP to take photographs of graduands as they are being presented on stage. Orders can be made online after the ceremony session. Graduands are requested not to leave their seats during the graduation ceremony to take photographs or videos.
- Please refrain from lingering inside the SPCC for photo-taking after the ceremony. Your co-operation will be appreciated as the organisers need to prepare the venue for the next graduation session
The Graduation Ceremony is a formal occasion. When presented on the stage, graduands are expected to behave in a manner that is befitting of the occasion.
Ceremony: Programme & Proceedings
The proceedings for each ceremony session will be as follows:
*Graduands will be requested to stand.
Presentation of Diplomas to Graduands on Stage
- When it is your turn to be presented on stage, the marshal will prompt you to join the queue. Mask to be worn at all times.
- Before joining the queue, you must have your admission ticket and NRIC/11B/Passport/Admission Card ready in the pocket of your graduation gown.
- Please follow the marshals' instructions and refrain from talking when queuing.
- When you step on stage, hand your bar-coded admission ticket to the person in charge of scanning. Then stand at the line and wait for your name to be announced.
- As your name is announced and projected on the screen, walk across the stage smartly. There will be no handshake with the director.
- As you are presented with your scroll box, your photograph will be taken by official photographers engaged by the Singapore Polytechnic.
- After receiving your scroll box, walk smartly down from the stage.
- As you leave the stage, a login ID and password will be handed to you. Do not lose this card as you will need the information to place orders online for your photographs after the Graduation Ceremony.
Collection of Diploma & Academic Transcript
- After leaving the stage, you will be directed by marshals to the diploma collection area to collect your diploma certificate and academic transcript.
- At the diploma collection area, you will be asked to produce your NRIC/11B/Passport/Admission Card. Diploma certificates and academic transcripts will not be issued without proof of identity.
- After collecting your diploma certificate and academic transcript please return to your seat inside the Convention Centre.
- Please check that you have been issued with the correct diploma certificate and academic transcript before leaving the diploma collection area.
- If there are any errors, please report it immediately to the staff on duty at the diploma collection centre or call the Examinations Office after the last day of the Graduation Ceremony.
- No Tea reception provided for Graduation 2021.
Graduation Photo Orders
- The instructions for the ordering of the photo will be provided on graduation day.
- Alternatively, you may login to the official photographers' website http://www.spgraduation2021.comto preview and order your photos on-line.
- For enquiries regarding the photo order, please contact GDZ Shoppe at 98196957. Alternatively, you can email GDZ Shoppe at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Address: 101 Rivervale Walk, Unit 04-38, Postal Code 540101