The minimum entry requirement for the Specialist Diploma in Building Information Modelling (BIM) Management is as follows: 1. All applicants must hold at least a
- Diploma (Full-Time or Part-Time Polytechnic Diploma) from any Polytechnic/Higher Learning Institution in Singapore, or
- any higher qualification
in the following disciplines:
- Landscape Architecture
- Civil & Structure (C&S)
- Mechanical, Electrical & Plumbing (MEP)
The Diplomas offered by the local Polytechnics, which are eligible for this application:
- Diploma in Architecture (SP)
- Diploma in Civil Engineering with Business (SP)
- Diploma in Electrical Engineering (NP)
- Diploma in Electrical & Electronic Engineering (SP)
- Diploma in Electrical & Electronic Engineering (TP)
- Diploma in Electrical & Electronic Engineering (RP)
- Diploma in Electrical Engineering with Eco-Design (NYP)
- Diploma in Green Building & Sustainability (TP)
- Diploma in Green Building Energy Management (RP)
- Diploma in Integrated Facility Management (TP)
- Diploma in Landscape Architecture (SP)
- Diploma in Landscape Design & Horticulture (NP)
- Diploma in Mechanical Engineering (SP)
- Diploma in Mechanical Engineering (NP)
- Diploma in Sustainable Architectural Design (NYP)
- Diploma in Sustainable Urban Design & Engineering (NP)
2. All applicants must have prior BIM software knowledge and skills relating to any of the BIM software listed below:
- Autodesk Revit or
- Graphisoft ArchiCad or
- Bentley Aecosim
This prior BIM knowledge and skills may be attained through:
- the applicant's Graduate Diploma or equivalent qualification, in any Core or Elective Module, or through
- attending any BIM Basic/Fundamental short courses from any Polytechnic or recognised institution e.g. BCA Academy, etc.
Applicants must provide a certification of proof for the above in their application.
3. For applicants who have attained their prior BIM knowledge and skills through work rather than through their Diploma, equivalent qualification or related short courses, they must:
- have worked at least a minimum of 1.5 years as a BIM Modeller or equivalent, in any Built Environment (architecture, Landscape Architecture, Civil & Structure or Mechanical, Electrical & Plumbing) or Construction Industry, and
- provide a letter of proof from the said company validating the minimum working experience and years
4. For Work Study Programme (WSP) applicants, the student must be
- a Singapore Citizen or Singapore Permanent Resident, and
- an employee of a company participating in the WSP
- or if unemployed, will be selected for interview by our participating WSP firms for full employment before embarking on the course proper
The WSP student must be a graduate from Full-Time Polytechnic Diploma/ITE Technical Diploma/ITE Technical Engineering Diploma/ITE Work-Learn Technical Diploma within 36 months of graduation or 36 months from his ORD day in the army. SP will evaluate individuals who have graduated for more than 36 months but within 5 years from the date of graduation or ORD, on a case-by-case basis.
Upon successfully acquiring the two PDCs, the participant will be conferred a Specialist Diploma in Building Information Modelling Management (BIMM) qualification from Singapore Polytechnic.
The Specialist Diploma in Building Information Modelling graduates who apply for SIT, Bachelor of Engineering in Civil Engineering, could also be considered for exemption from selected module, subjected to them meeting certain minimum requirements, at SIT's discretion.
Participants who have completed the course with Certificate of Completion / Certificate of Attendance will be awarded with 18 CPD points, subjected to the course duration and approval by Professional Engineers Board (PEB).