Full-time application is open to GCE 'O' Level / SPM / UEC / GCE 'A' Level holders and ITE graduates.
- Applicants must ensure that they have good eyesight (i.e. visual acuity unaided of 6/60 in both eyes and with visual aids of 6/6 in the better eye and at least 6/9 in the other eye).
- Applicants must also pass the colour vision test as per The International Convention on Standards of Training, Certification and Watchkeeping for Seafarers (STCW). Any offer of admission will be conditional upon applicants showing proof of having passed the Maritime and Port Authority of Singapore (MPA) Sight Test which is conducted at the Singapore Polytechnic Optometry Centre or by General Practitioners*.
- Shortlisted candidates will be required to attend an interview conducted by the Singapore Maritime Academy. International students are required to find a Singapore shipping company of their choice that is prepared to offer them an internship for phase 2 of this course.
* Procedure for Conduct of MPA Sight Test
- The applicant must print a copy of the MPA Application for Sight Test form.
- The applicant must bring the printed form to any Singapore registered doctor for the test. All Singapore registered doctors are qualified to conduct the MPA Sight Test.
- After the test, the attending doctor must complete the MPA "Application for Sight Test" form. The completed form should be duly signed and stamped by the doctor.
GCE 'O' Level / SPM / UEC Qualifications
Applicants must obtain:
i) The following GCE 'O' Level grades at not more than two sittings and
ii) 26 points or better for the net ELR2B2 aggregate score (i.e. English Language, 2 relevant subjects and best 2 other subjects, including CCA Bonus points)
|i) English Language (as 1st Language)||D7*|
|ii) Mathematics (Elementary / Additional)||C6|
|iii) Any one of the following subjects |
- Combined Science
- Computing / Computer Studies
- Design & Technology
- Electronics / Fundamentals of Electronics
- Physical Science
- Physics / Engineering Science
- Science (Chemistry, Biology)
- Science (Physics, Biology)
- Science (Physics, Chemistry)
* Applicants offering SPM / UEC qualifications must attain a minimum grade A+ to C / 1 to 6 for their Bahasa Inggeris (1119) / English Language.
SPM Grades A+ to C are equivalent to GCE 'O' Level Grades 1 to 6.
Higher Nitec Qualification
Higher Nitec holders must have a minimum Grade Point Average (GPA) of 2.0.
Unless otherwise stated, the course duration of a Diploma course is 3 years.
|Relevant Higher Nitec|
|Advanced Manufacturing / Engineering with Business|
|Air-Conditioning & Refrigeration Engineering|
|Business Studies (Accounting) / Accounting|
|Business Studies (Administration) / Secretarial) / Administration|
|Business Studies (E-Commerce) / Business-Information Technology|
|Business Studies (Logistics) / Integrated Logistics Management /|
Logistics for International Trade / International Logistics / Logistics Operations
|Business Studies (Sport Management) / Sport Management|
|Civil & Structural Engineering Design|
|Community Sport & Recreation Management|
|Electronics Engineering / Industrial Electronics Engineering|
|Facility Systems Design|
|Information Systems Quality|
|Marine & Offshore Technology / Marine Offshore Engineering|
|Mechanical & Electrical Engineering Design /|
Mechanical & Electrical Drafting & Design
|Mechanical Engineering Drawing & Design|
|Mobile Unified Communications|
|Network Security Technology / Cyber & Networking Security|
|Offshore & Marine Engineering Design|
|Process Plant Design|
|Shipping & Operations Services / Maritime Business|
Nitec holders must have a minimum Grade Point Average (GPA) of 3.5.
|Air-Conditioning & Refrigeration /|
Air-Conditioning & Refrigeration Mechanics /
Air-Conditioning & Refrigeration Technology
|Automotive Mechanics (Construction Equipment) /|
Automotive Technology (Construction Equipment) /
Automotive Technology (Heavy Vehicles)
|Automotive Mechanics (Light Vehicles) /|
Automotive Technology (Light Vehicles) /
Diesel Engine Mechanics /
Motor Vehicle Mechanics
|Building Servicing / Building Services Technology /|
Building Services Technology (Air-Conditioning & Refrigeration) /
Building Services Technology (Mechanical & Electrical Services) /
Facility Technology /
Facility Technology (Air-Conditioning & Refrigeration)
|Chemical Process Technology /|
Chemical Process Technology (Biologics) /
Chemical Process Technology (Petrochemicals) /
Chemical Process Technology (Pharmaceuticals) /
Chemical Process Technology (Process Instrumentation)
|Electrical Fitting & Installation /|
Electrical Installation & Servicing /
Electrical Technology /
Electrical Technology (Installation & Servicing)
|Electrical Power & Machines /|
Electrical Technology (Power & Control) /
Electrical Technology (Power & Machines)
|Electrical Technology (Lighting & Sound)|
|Electro-Mechanical Servicing / Mechatronics /|
Mechatronics (Automation Technology) /
Mechatronics (Equipment Assembly) /
Mechatronics (Medical Technology)
|Electronics (Display Technology)|
|Electronics / Electronics Servicing /|
Electronics (Broadband Technology & Services) /
Electronics (Computer & Networking) / Electronics (Computer Technology) /
Electronics (Disk Media) / Electronics (Instrumentation) /
Electronics (Manufacturing) / Electronics (Mobile Devices) /
Electronics (Video Technology) / Electronics (Wafer Fabrication) /
Electronics (Wireless LAN)
|Electronics, Computer Networking and Communications|
|Facility Technology (Mechanical & Electrical Services)|
|Facility Technology (Vertical Transportation) / Built Environment (Vertical Transportation)|
|Info-Communications Technology (Cloud Computing)|
|Info-Communications Technology /|
Info-Communications Technology (Networking & System Administration) /
|Interactive Media Design|
|Maintenance Fitting / Mechanical Servicing /|
|Marine Technology / Marine Mechanics|
|Mobile Systems & Services /|
Info-communications Technology (Mobile Networks & Applications)
|Precision Engineering (Aerospace)|
|Precision Machining / Precision Engineering (Machining)|
|Rapid Transit Technology|
|Semiconductor Technology / Electronics (Microelectronics)|
|Social Media & Web Development|
Students with international qualifications should refer to the Entry Criteria for International Qualifications.
Find out more about course fees and financial assistance schemes.
Singapore Maritime Academy
Tel: (65) 6775 1133
Fax: (65) 6772 1958
Click here for enquiries related to admissions or entry requirements.