Frequently Asked Questions

Do I need a visa to study in Singapore?

All international students must have a valid pass to study in Singapore Polytechnic and are advised to apply for a Student’s Pass. You may refer to this website for the Student’s Pass application guide. Successful applicants will be issued an In-Principle Approval (IPA) letter by the Immigration & Checkpoints Authority (ICA). For students who require a visa, the IPA letter also serves as a pre-approved visa.

Will I be required to go through a pre-enrolment medical examination?

Yes, all international students enrolling at Singapore Polytechnic are required to go for a medical examination conducted by a medical practitioner registered in Singapore. For details, please refer to the Enrolment website under “Task 2: Go for Colour Vision Test / Medical Examination”.

What is Tuition Grant?

Tuition Grant (TG) is a grant provided by the Government of Singapore, through the Ministry of Education (MOE), to full-time Diploma course students to help pay part of the high cost. Students will be granted up to a maximum of 10 semesters of TG.

Singapore Permanent Residents and International Students who choose to take up TG are required to make an online application and then sign a TG Agreement (TGA) with the Government (2 sureties are required for the execution of the TGA). Under the Agreement, students will be bonded to work for a Singapore entity for 3 years upon graduation. For more information regarding TG, please refer to Tuition Grant for Full-Time Diploma and the MOE Tuition Grant website.

SP Sustainability Matters