- SP is home to Asia’s first ever Perfumery and Cosmetic Science Centre. It also boasts the Energy & Chemicals Training Centre (ECTC),
an Optometry Centre, a Medical Technology Suite and a Nutrition, Health & Wellness Centre with gym equipment, among many other world-class facilities for budding scientists!
- Students have a choice of training opportunities at local SMEs, MNCs, research institutions, and government agencies. There are also opportunities to perform internships overseas.
- Students from the Diploma in Food Science and Technology course have developed commercialised food products such as Yamie Rice, Polka Pokka Lemon & Kalamansi drink, XO Kaya and many more!
- Students from the Diploma in Perfumery and Cosmetic Science course have formulated perfumes, including a scent called ‘Splash’ to celebrate SP’s 60th anniversary.
- Many of our graduates have gone on to further their education in well-established universities locally and overseas.
- We are a caring community. Staff, students and alumni dedicate their time and effort to helping the less fortunate, locally and overseas.
- Diploma in Optometry students often dedicate their time to conduct free eye screening for the community. Most recently, in a tie-up with Essilor and National Taxi Association, free screenings were conducted for local taxi drivers.