Unlocking the Mysteries of Science for Innovative, Life-enhancing Solutions
The School of Chemical & Life Sciences (CLS) has been a vital part of Singapore's industrial transformation and technological advancement. With a rich legacy of over 50 years, CLS has continuously adapted to the needs of key industries like food,
chemicals, biopharmaceuticals, and healthcare. Our focus is on equipping students with the skills and knowledge to thrive in these dynamic sectors, opening doors to endless possibilities in an exciting industry.
A Commitment to Engaging Educational Experiences
At CLS, the learning experience goes beyond the confines of traditional classrooms. Our curricula are carefully designed to empower you with the knowledge and essential skills that will equip you for success in the real world. Step into our
cutting-edge facilities and embark on an immersive journey of learning.
- Energy and Chemicals Training Centre: A realistic work environment for hands-on experiments and product development, including a fully operational, two-storey high Integrated Pilot Plant
- Food Science Laboratories: Students explore the world of food here, from raw ingredients to packaging, fostering their skills in creating consumer products
- Materials Performance Centre: A vibrant hub for innovation, outfitted with State-of-the-art equipment
- Medical Technology Suite: Designed for clinical diagnostics, cardiac technology, and biotechnology, to build expertise in essential medical procedures
- Singapore Polytechnic Optometry Centre: 5700 sq. ft. clinical and laboratory facilities, in partnership with renowned industry brands such as Zeiss and Essilor
- Perfumery and Cosmetic Science Centre: A state-of-the-art facility equipped with professional equipment to aid in formulating a wide range of personal care products and cosmetics
The School also collaborates with industry through SP Innovation Centres which provide students with real-world experiences, working alongside professional scientists and technologists on industry projects. While earning their diplomas, they work on paid initiatives, acquiring the competencies and credentials to excel in their fields.