Diploma in Applied Chemistry (DAPC - S64)
Discover the mysterious and captivating properties of chemicals, drugs and materials by going on an exciting applications-based journey with us. The Diploma in Applied Chemistry (DAPC) is the first diploma in Singapore to focus on building a strong
foundation in chemistry which provides you the versatility to work in various chemistry-related sectors.
The DAPC course provides the learning environment for you to conduct research on, synthesise and test new chemicals, drugs and materials. By the end of the course, you will be able to solve problems independently and experience what it is like to
work at the frontiers of investigative chemistry.
Through a specially developed progressive learning strategy, you will be imparted with knowledge acquisition skills on fundamental chemistry principles during your first year. In the second year, you are equipped with the skills to perform chemical
investigations and interpretation of results using real-life situations. During your third year, you will be able to develop and optimise new products or methods to improve lives, hence igniting your creativity skills.
Upon graduation, you will be ready to contribute to the chemical, pharmaceutical and materials-related industries or further your studies in tertiary institutions.
- First diploma in Singapore on Applied Chemistry
- Choose from one of these specialisations: Pharmaceutical Science, Industrial Chemistry, or Materials Science
- Course is recognised by the UK Royal Society of Chemistry (RSC) and the UK Institute of Materials, Minerals and Mining (IOM3)
- Work with state-of-the-art equipment in well-designed laboratory suites: Analytical & Forensic Chemistry, Pharmaceutical Chemistry and Materials Science
- Internship or dedicated research experience with local and overseas institutions