Diploma in Applied Chemistry (DAPC - S64)
Unveiling the Mysteries of Chemical Marvels
Discover the mysterious and captivating properties of chemicals, drugs and materials on this exciting applications-based journey with us. As the first diploma programme in Singapore dedicated to building a strong foundation in chemistry, Diploma in Applied Chemistry (DAPC) provides you the versatility to excel in various chemistry-related sectors.
An environment that encourages research and exploration
Thrive in a nurturing environment that provides you with opportunities to synthesise and test new chemicals, drugs, and materials while pushing the boundaries of investigative chemistry.
A holistic and immersive learning journey
Grow your skills progressively throughout the programme. In Year One, you'll acquire the fundamentals of chemistry principles. In Year Two, you'll gain practical skills in chemical investigations and interpreting real-life results. In your final year
you'll harness your creativity to develop and optimise new products or methods to improve lives.
A promising future ahead
Upon graduation, you'll be fully prepared to contribute to the chemical, pharmaceutical, and materials-related industries. Whether you choose to embark on a fulfilling career or pursue further studies in tertiary institutions, DAPC sets the stage
for your success.
Are you captivated by chemistry? Join us at the Diploma in Applied Chemistry course and ignite your passion for discovery.
Accolades and Industry Recognition
- DAPC is the first Applied Chemistry diploma in Singapore
- The course is recognised by prestigious organisations such as the UK Royal Society of Chemistry (RSC) and the UK Institute of Materials, Minerals and Mining (IOM3) for the exceptional quality of our programme and its alignment with global standards
- It is the only Applied Chemistry course offering three specialisations - Materials Science, Industrial Chemistry and Pharmaceutical Science
- Internship opportunities at relevant industries as well as research experience at local or international institutions
Materials Performance Centre
The Materials Performance Centre houses four specially designed state-of-the art laboratories to provide authentic and skill based training in applied materials science.
What You Can Expect
- Experience best-in-class facilities at our laboratory suites for Analytical & Forensic Chemistry, Pharmaceutical Chemistry, and Materials Science, and work hands-on with cutting-edge equipment
- Gain real-world experience through internship opportunities at relevant industries
- Delve into ground-breaking research projects and work alongside experts in the industry at local or international institutions
- Enjoy direct entry and advanced standing to renowned local and overseas universities. Find out more about your further study options here
- Explore a wide array of career options and pathways here