If you have the passion to:
- formulate products that will give you age-defying looks;
- uncover the secrets of fragrance creation;
you are cordially invited to begin your journey with the Diploma in Perfumery & Cosmetic Science (DPCS) at SP.
It is the only local diploma programme that provides training in chemistry
with applications in perfumery and cosmetic science. You will have
integrated learning experience where you will build a strong
chemistry foundation and apply your knowledge in specific
applications using your senses.
With this unique training in SP, your skills will be highly
sought after not just locally but internationally in the
lucrative and recession resistant fragrance and
cosmetic industries.. Your skills will be highly
sought after not just locally but internationally in
the lucrative and recession resistant fragrance
and cosmetic industries.
- Specialisation in Chemistry, Perfumery and Cosmetic Science
- Get trained in our state-of-the-art Perfumery & Cosmetic Science Centre
- Collaborate with industry partners to create and commercialise student formulations, for example, the Romance Singapore series of perfumes was created by our students
- Real and exciting experiences in making perfumes and cosmetic products, producing fragrance raw materials through organic synthesis and distilling essential oils from plant extracts
- Internship with perfumers, chemists, product formulators or dermatologists at chemical or cosmetic companies or fragrance and flavour houses
- Be awarded with a training certificate in ‘Analytical Instrumentation and Laboratory Technique’ accredited by the Royal Society of Chemistry (RSC), UK
Perfumery & Cosmetic Science Centre
The centre embodies the 3C’s pedagogy of the course, namely Conceptualisation, Crystallisation and Communication which represent the themes for the three respective distinct laboratories. The state-of-the-art facility empowers creativity and collaboration among students in developing product innovation and marketing strategy.