- Business Administration Department set up
- Launch of Diploma in Business Administration (DBA)
- Launch of Transport & Distribution option for DBA
- Launch of Marketing option for DBA
- Launch of Financial Services option for DBA
- The Department of Business Administration, was set up in October 1986 at Block 6, Singapore Polytechnic. The Department of Business Administration was officially renamed as the 'School of Business' in 2000. It started with eight members of staff.
- An off-site campus at Labrador was set up
- Launch of Advanced Diploma in Business Information Systems
- An off-site campus at Labrador was set up to cater for the increase intake of students and lecturers. The 'School of Business' thus operated from two venues.
- Launch of Retail Management option for DBA
- Launch of Diploma in Accountancy (DAC)
- Launch of Diploma in Banking & Financial Services (DBF), absorbing the Financial Services Option under DBA
- A permanent place was set up for the Department of Business Administration lecturers and staff at Block 19 at Singapore Polytechnic.
- Launch of Public Relations & Advertising option for DBA
- Launch of Diploma in Marketing
- In January 1994, Singapore's first simulated dealing facility for students was established in School of Business's Foreign Exchange Dealing Room.
- School of Business began to send its students overseas for the Industrial Training Programme (ITP) - 39 students went to Suzhou, China.
- Launch of Advanced Diploma in Strategic Marketing
- DMC students supported MediaCorp in conducting two surveys "Youth and the Important Things in Their Lives" and "Youths and their Views on Money and Love" in connection with a newly launched news programme, Channel U News Club.
- School of Business 10th Anniversary Celebration highlights - an IT Seminar jointly organised with Microsoft to launch a new IT module for School of Business students. The module covers areas such as workgroup computing, multimedia, internet, networking and video conferencing, all aimed to equip students with the latest in IT applications in the business environment.
- School of Business launched its first MicroEconomics multimedia package to junior colleges and ITE. The package in the form of a CD-Rom, is aimed at making Economics more interesting and interactive for students.
- Launch of the Centre for Enterprise and Executive Development and Research (CEEDAR), the consultancy arm of the school
- ATTITUDE, our very own newsletter was launched in October 1998. The theme of the launch and the corresponding first edition of the newsletter was "Dreams".
- The Speech Cafcopy; was first launched and is now an annual event. It is a fun-filled programme for secondary school students; aim to make public speaking easy and attractive.
- Launch of E-Commerce option for DBA
- Communications and Travel Management option for DBA was restructured into two news options: Supply Chain Management option and Tourism Management option
- The Centre for E-Commerce was built in our School. It provides the relevant training to meet the increasing industry demand for IT manpower with expertise in Internet/ Intranet computing and E-Commerce. It will also serve as a resource centre for E-Commerce, with reference publications and training materials made available.
- Under DBA, a new option was introduced - the E-commerce Option.
- Business Administration Department renamed as School of Business
- Launch of Diploma in Media and Communication (DMC)
- Launch of Diploma in Business Information Technology (DBIT)
- Launch of Entrepreneurship Concentration option for final-year DBA students
- Launch of Specialist Diploma in Digital Film & TV (Diploma-Plus Programme)
- Launch of Certificate in Software Programming Applications (Diploma Plus programme)
- Launch of Diploma in Tourism & Resort Management
- Launch of Human Resource Management option for DBA
- DMC students conducted a survey "Singapore Youths and their Portable Gadgets" in collaboration with advertising Foote, Cone and Belding.
- Launch of Specialist Diploma in Applied Business Psychology
- Launch of Entrepreneuship Incubation Centre
- Launch of Diploma in Human Resource Management with Psychology
- Launch of Diploma in Financial Informatics
- Launch of International Business and Trade option for DBA
- Launch of Entrepreneurship concentration for DBIT
- Re-launch of Retail Place
- Launch of Diploma in Engineering with Business
- Certificate in Applied Psychology open to all students from Singapore Polytechnic
- Launch of Diploma in International Business
- Launch of Certificate in Accounting;
- Launch of Diploma in Business Innovation and Design (DBID)
- Collaboration between SP Business School and Chartered Institute of Management Accountants (CIMA)to award CIMA Diploma in Management Accounting and Advanced Diploma in Management Accounting.
- Opening of the Singapore Polytechnic Entrepreneurship Living Laboratory(SPELL).
- Renaming of Diploma in Banking and Financial Services to Diploma in Banking and Finance (wef AY2013/14)
- New SP School of Business building with many specialised learning facilities