Autonomous and Transportation Systems (ATS) Hub
About the Tech hub
The Autonomous and Transportation Systems (ATS) Hub is part of the core Technology Hubs under the School of Electrical and Electronic Engineering. It aims to provide a conducive environment and infrastructure for staff and students to learn and build up capabilities in the
areas of Data Science, AI & Computer Vision, Embedded Systems, Programming & Application Development and Rapid Transit Technologies, through applied Research and Development (R&D) work, hands-on activities and projects.
The Autonomous and Transportation Systems (ATS) Hub has a Rail System Simulator that is designed to train and equip students with technical skills and competencies for the relevant functions of the railway operations. The simulator covers various technical operations, maintenance
and management of a Rail Transit System, including Train Control, Signal & Communication, Traction Power, and Integrated Control systems.
The Hub also explores emerging technologies to develop an Autonomous Electric Vehicle. These include enabling technologies such as Sensors, Navigation, Control & Drive Systems, Intelligent Communication, Machine Learning & Artificial Intelligence,
Vision, Cloud, Dashboard Design, and Application Programming.
We are seeking collaborations with industry and academic/research institutes in internship programmes, and industry-related and applied R&D projects to improve our competencies.
The Hub is located at Level 2, T8 and Level 1, T12 @ SP.
Capabilities and Technical Services
Backed by the vast experience of the members, the Autonomous and Transportation Systems Hub provides technical consultations, training, seminars and project collaborations to government agencies, educational institutes, businesses and industry partners
in these technology areas:
- Computer Vision and Machine Learning Applications for education and training.
- Unmanned Systems (land/water/air).
- Rapid Transit and Rapid Transit Signalling Systems.
- Autonomous Delivery Systems.
- Driverless Electric Vehicles.
In addition, we also provide customised courses to retrain and upgrade manpower for the relevant industries.
Autonomous Electric Vehicle
Rail System Simulator
The Rail System Simulator is equipped with
- Scaled-down train model system.
- Simulated Operation Control Centre (OCC) environment.
- Simulating field equipment and status.
- Fault simulation and troubleshooting of systems.
The Rail System Simulator provides an authentic platform to train students in the knowledge and application skills to identify the main features and functions found in a Rapid Transit System, namely:
Signalling and interlocking
- Route setting
- Train tracking and identification
- Timetable management
- Traffic regulation
- Driver information
The hub has worked with the following partners:
- Land Transport Authority (LTA)
- Nanyang Technological University (NTU)
- National University of Singapore (NUS)
- Singapore Institute of Technology (SIT)
- Singapore University of Technology and Design (SUTD)
- SMRT Corporation Limited (SMRT)
- ST Engineering Land Systems
- Siemens Singapore
Courses and seminars
We provide customised courses to retrain and upgrade manpower for the industry. Some of the courses we offer include:
- Artificial Intelligence for Driverless Cars
- Client-Server Applications Development
- Condition-based Assets Monitoring Management
- Data Analytics
- Electric Vehicle 101
- Fundamentals of Electric Vehicle
- Machine Learning and Artificial Intelligence
- Mobile Applications Development
- Rapid Transit System
- Rapid Transit Signalling System
- Diploma in Engineering (Rapid Transit Technology)
Fauziah Othman (Mdm)
Manager, Technology Development
School of Electrical and Electronic Engineering
Fax: 6772 1974