WHAT TO EXPECT ON THE DAY OF YOUR GRADUATION CEREMONY
If you are attending the Graduation Ceremony, the following information will be useful. Where applicable, please advise your guests accordingly. Thank you.
HOW TO GET TO SPCC AND PARKING FACILITIES
- The SPCC is located next to the Dover MRT Station. See Campus Map.
- As parking facilities in the SP campus are limited, graduands and guests are strongly advised to come by public transport.
- You may choose to come by:
- MRT - take the MRT and alight at Dover MRT Station (EW10), or
- Bus - take service no. 14, 74, 105, 106, 147, 166 or 185, and alight at the Dover MRT Station bus stop
- Graduands and guests who drive are advised to enter by Gate 8, along Commonwealth Avenue West.
- Note: Parking is chargeable at S$1.20 per hour.
ADMISSION INTO THE SINGAPORE POLYTECHNIC CONVENTION CENTRE (SPCC)
- Admission into the SP Convention Centre is strictly by admission ticket only.
- Graduands are feeling unwell, or with temperatures of 38oC and above, are advised to stay at home.
- The doors to the SPCC will be opened 1 hour before the start of each session.
- Graduands who have indicated their intention to attend the graduation ceremony will be sent a Graduation Package about 1 to 2 weeks before the Graduation Ceremony. The package will contain a bar-coded admission ticket with assigned seat and invite cards.
ROBING OF GRADUATION ATTIRE
- All graduands attending the ceremony have to wear the SP graduation attire.
- Robing may be done at the level 1 or 2 foyer of the SPCC (SP Convention Centre).
- Graduands should put on their graduation gowns before going to their assigned seats inside the SPCC Hall.
DOOR OPENING TIME & SEATING TIME
- Graduands and guests are requested to be seated 30 mins before the official starting time for each ceremony session. Doors will open 1 hour before.
- During this period, a series of specially prepared videos will be screened in the SP Convention Centre.
- The doors to the SPCC will be closed after the ceremony has officially started.
- As a respect to others in the ceremony, graduands who are late will have to wait for an appropriate break before being admitted into to SPCC.
SEATING ARRANGEMENTS FOR GRADUANDS AND GUESTS
- Graduands will be assigned seat numbers and must be seated in their allocated seats.
IMPORTANT THINGS TO NOTE IN THE SPCC
- Food and beverages are not allowed in the SPCC.
- For safety reasons, balloons are not allowed in the SPCC as it may be a fire hazard.
- During the ceremony, graduands are requested to switch their mobile phones and other beeping devices to silent mode.
- Professional photographers have been engaged by SP to take photographs of graduands as they are being presented on stage. Orders can be made online after the ceremony session. Graduands are requested not to leave their seats during the graduation ceremony to take photographs or videos.
- Please refrain from lingering inside the SPCC for photo-taking after the ceremony. Your co-operation will be appreciated as the organisers need to prepare the venue for the next graduation session.
CEREMONY: PROGRAMME & PROCEEDINGS
The proceedings for the ceremony will be as follows:
- Academic Procession
- National Anthem
- Opening of Graduation Ceremony Session
- Opening Address by the Principal & CEO of SP
- Presentation of Diplomas
- Presentation of Awards
- Adjournment of Ceremony
PRESENTATION OF DIPLOMA/CERTIFICATES TO GRADUANDS ON STAGE
- When it is your turn to be present on stage, the marshal will prompt you to join the queue.
- Before joining the queue, you must have your admission ticket and NRIC/11B/passport ready in the pocket of your graduation gown/pocket.
- Please follow the marshals' instructions and refrain from talking when queueing.
- When you step on stage, hand your bar-coded admission ticket to the person in charge of scanning. Then stand at the line and wait for your name to be announced.
- As your name is announced and projected on the screen, walk across the stage smartly. There will be no handshake with the director.
- Your photograph with the director will be taken by official photographers engaged by the Singapore Polytechnic.
- After the photograph, walk smartly down from the stage.
- As you leave the stage, a login ID and password will be handled to you. Do not lose this card as you will need the information to place order for your photographs after the Graduation Ceremony.
COLLECTION OF DIPLOMA/CERTIFICATES, ACADEMIC TRANSCRIPT AND PRIZES (IF ANY)
- After leaving the stage, you will be directed by marshals to the diploma collection area to collect your diploma/ certificate and academic transcript.
- At the diploma collection area, you will be asked to produce your NRIC/11B/Passport. Diploma certificates and academic transcripts will not be issued without proof of identity.
- After collecting your diploma certificate and academic transcript, please return to your seat inside the SP Convention Centre.
- Please check that you have been issued with the correct diploma certificate and academic transcript before leaving the diploma collection area.
- If there are any errors, please report it immediately to the staff on duty at the diploma collection centre or call the PACE Office at 6772 1288 after the Graduation Ceremony.
GRADUATION PHOTO ORDERS
- The instructions for the ordering of the photograph will be provided on graduation day
- Alternatively you may login to the official phtographers' website http://www.spgraduation2022.com to preview and order your photographs online.
- For enquiries regarding the photo order, please contact GDZ Shoppee at 98196957. Alternatively, you can email GDZ Shoppee at firstname.lastname@example.org
Address: 101 Rivervale Walk, Unit 04-38, Postal Code 540101