15 hours / 2 days
9:00am to 5:30pm
Mode of Training:
Facilitated Learning (F2F)
The Air Freight Fundamentals course provides participants with an overview of the industry knowledge, regulations and best practises of the air cargo and air freight industry. This course is ideal for new entrants into the air freight industry to gain insights to the air freight practises and for anyone who wish to understand more about the industry.
This course equip participants with an understanding of the various stakeholders’ role in air cargo & air freight industry. The course will also enable participants to understand the industry terminology, regulations, documentation requirements and operational procedures through case studies and sharing by experienced instructor. Participants will be able to apply the knowledge acquired from this course in their course of work.
By the end of the course, participants will be able to:
1. Describe the carriage acceptance, restriction and special regulations
2. Interpret and complete an Air Waybill
3. Compute cargo freight rates and charges
4. Describe the import/export procedures and documentation requirements
5. Describe the Dangerous Goods and Perishables Goods Regulations
Topics to be covered
1. Introduction to international air transport governing bodies and the air cargo/air freight industry
2. Acceptance for carriage, Restriction of carriage and Carriers Special Regulations
3. Air Waybill – Overview, Function, Features & Format
4. Freight rates & Tariff and Computation of charges
5. Air Cargo Import/Export Procedures
6. Classification of Goods and documentation
7. Overview of Dangerous Goods Regulations
8. Overview of Perishables Goods Regulations
9. Digitalisation efforts in Air Cargo Operations
• Air Transport SFw - Cargo Officer / Cargo Assistant
• Logistic SFw – Import / Export Adminstrative Assistant / Shipping Assistant / Permit Coordinator / Shipping Coordinator / Custom Clearance Coordinator
Minimum Entry Requirements / Assumed Skills and Knowledge
Basic English Proficiency
Award / Certification / Accreditation
• Certificate of Attendance (electronic Certificate will be issued)
A Certificate of Attendance will be awarded to participants who meet at least 75% attendance rate
• Certificate of Performance (electronic Certificate will be issued)
A Certificate of Performance will be awarded to participants who pass the examination and meet at least 75% attendance rate
Full Fees (before GST): $600.00
GST payable for all funding-eligible applicants*: $12.60
GST payable for others: $42.00
|Applicants/Eligibility||SkillsFuture Funding||Subsidised Fee (after GST)|
|Singapore Citizens aged 40 and above1||$540.00||$72.60|
|Singapore Citizens aged below 40||$420.00||$192.60|
|Singapore Permanent Residents and LTVP+ Holders||$420.00||$192.60|
|SME-sponsored Singapore Citizens, Permanent Residents and LTVP+ Holders2||$540.00||$72.60|
|Others (Full fees payable)||$0.00||$642.00|
*As per SSG’s policy, the GST payable is calculated based on 7% of the baseline funding subsidy of 70%
Singaporeans aged 25 years and above may use **SkillsFuture Credit balance to offset respective course fees.
1Under the SkillsFuture Mid-career Enhanced Subsidy. For more information, visit the SkillsFuture website here.
2 Under the Enhanced Training Support for Small & Medium Enterprises (SMEs) Scheme. For more information of the scheme, click here. To view SP’s list of similar funded courses, click here. Please submit the attached “Declaration Form for Enhanced Training Support Scheme for SME” together with your online application.
Please click here for more information on funding incentives.
Eligible for SkillsFuture CreditTerms and Conditions*Please note that once the maximum class size is reached, the online registration will be closed. You may register your interest, and would be notified if there is a new run.
1. All applications must be made via Online Registration at www.pace.sp.edu.sg
Course fees can be paid by the following payment modes:
a) Credit Cards, Internet Banking, NETS (Not Applicable for company sponsored)
For e-payment using Visa/Master cards and Internet Banking, please click on the ‘Make e-Payment’ button on the acknowledgement page to proceed.
b) For NETS payment, you can pay at:
c) For payment via PayNow, please enter the UEN No. T08GB0056ACET and indicate the invoice/registration number.
*With effect from 1 August 2021, cheque payment will not be available
2. All successful applicants will be notified with a letter of confirmation via email.