Run 4 - 04 Sep to 05 Sep 2019 (Wed and Thurs) - Confirmed
Run 5 - 01 Oct to 02 Oct 2019 (Tue and Wed) - Confirmed
Run 4 - From 28 May to 26 August 2019
Run 5 - From 28 May to 23 September 2019
16 hours / 2 days
9am to 6pm
Mode of Training:
Hands-on (Computer Laboratory)
The objective of the course is to create awareness and understanding about the security in the internet and Information Technology (IT) environment in general.
- Explain what is Cyber Security, what are at stake?
- Illustrate common threats (i.e. phishing, malware)
- Discuss mitigation methods
- Discuss how to protect Operating system, wired & wireless network
- Understand basic cryptography (password, SSL certificates)
- Understand enterprise defences (Anti-virus, Intrusion Detection Systems, Firewalls)
- Discuss Basic Smartphone Security
- Outline Cyber Security related laws (i.e. PDPA, CMA, CA )
Non IT-related professionals and working professionals using computers and applications.
Minimum Entry Requirements / Assumed Skills and Knowledge
Award / Certification / Accreditation
• Certificate of Attendance (electronic Certificate will be issued)
Mr Calvin Siak has 15 years of experience in Singapore Polytechnic (The School Of Computing) for teaching both tertiary students and adult learners as a lecturer. Beyond teaching Information Security courses, Calvin has developed modules & short courses for both full-time students and adult learners. Calvin holds a Master degree from Coventry University. He is also the author of 1 patent, 2 research papers and various industry certifications. [e.g. RHCSA (Redhat), OSSA, OWSA (ThinkSecure), CEREA (IACRB)]
Mr Chong Chee Seng is a Lecturer in the School of Computing (SoC), Singapore Polytechnic. He holds a Degree in Electrical and Electronic Engineering from Nanyang Technological University. He has 20 years of lecturing experience in networks, operating systems, cyber security, full-stack software development and cloud computing. He is a Certified Amazon Web Service Trainer. He is currently teaching Mobile Application Development and Mobile Interaction in the school of SoC. He is a member of the course management team for Diploma in Information Technology and co-chair for Specialist Diploma in Mobile Apps Development.
Mr James Tan has 4 years of experience in Singapore Polytechnic (The School of Computing) for teaching adult learners as an adjunct lecturer. He is also an information security consultant at JT Consultancy & Management Pte Ltd. He has tested people, process and technology for more than a decade. He holds a B.Sc. (Psychology), ACTA, CISSP, CREST, CIPP/A, among others.
* Registration may be closed once seats are filled up
1. All applications must be made via Online Registration at www.pace.sp.edu.sg
Course fees can be paid by the following payment modes:
a) Credit Cards, Internet Banking, NETS
(Not Applicable for company sponsored)
For e-payment using Visa/Master cards and Internet Banking, please click on the ‘Make e-Payment’ button on the acknowledgement page to proceed.
b) For NETS payment
, you can pay at:
Singapore PolytechnicPACE Academy
Please make cheques payable to “Singapore Polytechnic”. Do cross the cheque and write the Registration Reference ID, Applicant Name and NRIC/FIN number at the back of the cheque. When you have completed required details, you may mail the cheque here
Please note that an administrative charge of $15 will be imposed for any returned cheques from the bank or financial institution.
2. All successful applicants will be notified with a letter of confirmation via email.