The School of Mechanical & Aeronautical Engineering is pleased to introduce our Work-Study Certificates leading to Diploma in Engineering (Aerospace), DEASL and Part-time Diploma in Engineering (Aerospace), DEAS is a programme in collaboration with the University of Social Science (SUSS). In this collaboration, graduates of the programme will be granted a pathway to SUSS, BEng Aerospace Systems (BEHAS) with advanced standing.
This course aims to provision the Skills Future initiative by supporting pragmatic education and providing continual academic and career progression pathways for ITE students after graduation. It will also provide participants with the knowledge and skills essential to take on the job responsibilities in the Aerospace industry.
Course Duration and Training Mode:
Date of Course Commencement:
480 hours (1 years)
Training Mode :
Facilitated Learning (F2F/ Online Synchronous) conducted by SP and structured On-the-Job Training (OJT) with the participating company. Classes will be conducted on every Saturday, 8am to 5pm
Singapore Polytechnic (facilitated classroom training) and participating company (on-the-job training).
Modular Certificate 1 in Aeronautics Fundamentals 1
• Aircraft Powerplant
• Fundamentals of Flight
• Human Factors & Air Legislation
• Practicum 1
Modular Certificate 2 in Aeronautics Fundamentals 2
• Aircraft Systems
• Aircraft Structure
• Computer Aided Design (Aeronautical) CATIA
• Practicum 2
For Participant who wish to continue and obtain the Diploma in Engineering (Aerospace)
Modular Certificate 3 in Engineering Fundamentals 1
• Engineering Materials
• Static & Dynamics
• Fundamentals of composite Repair
Modular Certificate 4 in Engineering Fundamentals 2
• Aerospace Component Manufacturing
• Introduction to Additive Manufacturing
• Quality Engineering and Management
Modular Certificate 5 in Engineering Fundamentals 3
• Digital Electronics Design
• Analogue Electronics Design
• Thermo-Fluid Mechanics
Note: These modules will be conducted by SUSS
Please click here for module synopsis
Fresh full-time NITEC/Higher NITEC graduates from the relevant fields who wish to deepen their skills as an aerospace technician via classroom learning and On-Job-Training at the company. Upon completion of the Diploma, Graduates will have articulation to the University of Social Sciences (SUSS) with advanced standing.
Minimum Entry Requirements:
1. Applicants must be a Singapore Citizen or Singapore Permanent Resident of Singapore.
2. Applicants must be a graduate with a Full-time ITE NITEC/ Higher NITEC Certificate within 36 months of graduation or from his last day of ORD.
3. Applicants must be a Full-time ITE NITEC graduate with GPA ≥ 2.0 or Full-time Higher NITEC graduate in a Chemical-related discipline.
4. Applicants must be hired by one of the participating companies for this Work-Study Programme.
5. The list of eligible NITEC/Higher NITEC offered by ITE are as follows:
• NITEC in Mechanical Technology
• NITEC in Mechatronics & Robotics
• NITEC in Aerospace Technology
• NITEC in Aerospace Avionics
• Higher NITEC in Mechanical Engineering
• Higher NITEC in Mechatronics Engineering
SP will evaluate individuals who have graduated for more than 36 months but within 5 years from the date of gradation or ORD on a case-by-case basis.
Past/Current Participating Companies:
Award / Certification / Accreditation
Upon completion of five Certificates within a five-year validity period, the participant will be conferred a Diploma qualification from Singapore Polytechnic, and also granted advance standing to SUSS’s BEng Aerospace Systems (BEHAS) programme.
Upon completing the module, Computer-Aided Design (Aeronautical) CATIA in Modular Certificate 2, participates can take the following examination by Dassault Systemes. For more information, please click on the link https://www.3ds.com/training/certification-program/professional-certification/
• CATIA Part Design,
• CATIA Assembly Design
• CATIA Surface Design
Certificate in CATIA Mechanical Designer Specialist/ CATIA Mechanical Surface Designer Specialist is/are awarded by Dassault Systemes upon passing the examination.
|S/N||Certificate Name||Singapore Citizens ||Singapore Permanent Residents||Enhanced Training Support for SME scheme (For Singapore Citizens)||Enhanced Training Support for SME scheme (For Singapore Permanent Residents)|
|1||Aeronautics Fundamentals 1||$879.94||$2,346.51||$605.82||$701.76|
|2||Aeronautics Fundamentals 2||$776.42||$2,070.45||$534.54||$619.20|
|3||Engineering Fundamentals 1||$460.80 ||$1,228.79||$317.25||$367.49 |
|4||Engineering Fundamentals 2||$460.80||$1,228.79||$317.25||$367.49|
^ The course fees listed above do not include fees for the SUSS module "Engineering Fundamentals 3"
* SkillsFuture Mid-Career Enhanced Funding and Enhanced Training Support for Small and Medium Enterprises (SMEs). Click here for more details
The fees shown (inclusive of 7% GST) are indicative as they are based on prevailing funding policies and subject to review. Module Certificate fee is payable on a semester basis.
|Other Fees Payable |
|Singapore Citizens||Singapore Permanent Residents|
|Statutory Licence Fee (CLASS)||$1.01||$1.01|
|Insurance Fee (GPA)||$1.70||$1.70|
*Not subjected to GST
- The fees shown (inclusive of 7% GST) are indicative as they are based on prevailing funding policies and subject to review.
- Module Certificate Fee is payable on a semester basis/Post Diploma Module Certificate fee is payable on a semester basis.
- Withdraw within 2 weeks before semester commencement, 70% refund of the paid course fee.
- Withdraw on or after the date of semester commencement, no refund of the paid course fee.
Please note that other fees paid are non-refundable.
For interested applicants, please click here to submit your application.
Only candidates who are shortlisted by SP and hosting companies will be notified to attend interviews. Successful candidates employed by the hosting companies will be placed under the programme.
For interested participating companies, please click here to submit your participation form.
For further enquiries, please email to email@example.com
a) For payment via PayNow, please enter the UEN No. T08GB0056ACET and indicate the invoice/registration number.
b) For payment via Telegraphic Transfer, details will be provided in the invoice to companies.
Terms and Conditions