14 hours / 2 days
Mode of Training:
Facilitated Learning (F2F) and Facilitated Learning (Online Synchronous)
Venue:Singapore Polytechnic and Online
Eligible for SkillsFuture Credit
*Please note that once the maximum class size is reached, the online registration will be closed.
You may register your interest, and would be notified if there is new run.
Educators are able to use electronic media and technologies for delivery of lessons in the classroom but often face challenges in delivery of online courses. Today, training organisations and educational institutions are implementing blended learning strategies, including technology-enabled learning with eLearning as the most common method.
While most educators may be familiar with teaching and facilitation of learning in the classroom, they will need different approaches, skills and knowledge to be effective in the eLearning environment.
Successful online learning also require the use of appropriate technologies, support mechanisms and knowledge of the tools available in their training environment, in addition to good e-facilitation skills that will provide an effective learning experience for their learners.
In this course, participants will be introduced to common eLearning tools and systems for online delivery, and use practical learning technologies and free tools to develop relevant e-learning activities for collaboration and facilitating learners outside the classroom.
At the end of the course, participants will be able to:
a) Develop an eLearning delivery plan to manage the eLearning activities and assessments
b) Guide and facilitate learners to ensure an effective learning experience
c) Monitor and document eLearner progress to ensure learning outcomes are achieved.
1. Overview of technology enabled learning environments and tools
• Determine the learning outcomes and teaching strategy of a course / programme
• Develop or interpret the eLearning delivery plan to manage and sequence elearning activities and • logical progression of content
• Identify the technical requirements of the eLearning environments
• Engage students in the classroom through the use of technologies and tools
• Interact with students online through the use of technologies and tools
• Synchronous and asynchronous modes
• Technical and learner support mechanisms for eLearners
2. Successful facilitation in an eLearning environment
• Establish groups and learner support mechanisms
• Develop relationships and protocols for eLearners
• Best practices in eLearning facilitation
• Facilitate eLearning according to the delivery plan through relevant tools
• Provide opportunities for collaboration
• Guide and support enquiry and engagement
• Authentic learning, practice and formative assessments
3. Monitor e-Learning
• Monitor technologies & tools
• Encourage participation in eLearning activities
• Intervene to ensure momentum and engagement
• Document progress and outcomes
• Maintain and secure learner records
4. Practice and Review
• Interpret a lesson plan to identify technologies, tools and approaches for eLearning.
• Organise and facilitate an eLearning activity (demonstration)
• Facilitate / moderate a synchronous discussion (with different technologies)
• Conduct an e-Exam (role-play and discussions on best practices)
• Review of effectiveness of eLearning delivery and facilitation
• Identify areas of improvements and recommend actions to improve facilitation of eLearning.