16 hours / 2 days
8:30am to 5:30pm
Mode of Training:
Facilitated Learning (F2F) and Practical Training
This course will provide in-depth knowledge towards robotics and autonomous application in different domains for industry and service. The course will introduce robotics and automation technologies such as path planning, perception, vision, navigation, and localization. The participants will expand their understanding of these technologies through the course.
This course will provide participants with knowledge and skills on:
a) Understanding of Collaborative Robots, Industrial Robots, Autonomous Guided Vehicles, and other autonomous devices.
b) Learning various concepts of robotic technologies such as mapping, localization, navigation, planning, and manipulation.
c) Analysing and solving simple issues encounter by the use or design for the use of these systems
By the end of the course, participants will be able to:
1. Differentiate among the different types of robotic systems.
2. Describe the different automation technologies and their operation.
3. Define the terms and concepts used in industrial robotics.
4. Explain the setup methods for the workcell of an industrial robot, including the safety.
5. Describe path planning and its role in the performance.
6. Apply path planning to an industrial robot setup.
7. Define the terms and concepts used in mobile robotics.
8. Explain autonomous navigation, obstacle avoidance and path planning.
9. Explain fleet control for mobile robots and the analysis of performance.
10. Apply autonomous navigation for a mobile robot.
Topics to be covered
1. Fundamentals of Robotics and types of robotic systems, Sensors and Actuators
2. Automated technologies and Methods of operating robotic systems
3. Terms of Industrial Robotics
4. Setup Workcell and Safety
5. Path and trajectory Planning, Analysis of parameters and performance
6. Use cases of Industrial Robots and SP projects
7. Terms of Mobile Robots
8. Autonomous Navigation, Obstacle avoidance, Path Planning
9. Fleet Control and analysis of performance
10. Use cases of Autonomous Mobile Robots and SP projects
Assistant Production Engineer/Production Engineer/Project Engineer Technician/Senior Technician/Assistant Engineer/Senior Assistant Engineer (Rolling Stock, Engineering Train, Power, Signal & Communication, Permanent Way and Civil Structure, Mechanical & Electrical)
Minimum Entry Requirements / Assumed Skills and Knowledge
ITE Nitec certification and above. Participants must be computer literate.
Award / Certification / Accreditation
• Certificate of Attendance (electronic Certificate will be issued)
A Certificate of Attendance will be awarded to participants who meet at least 75% attendance rate
• Certificate of Performance (electronic Certificate will be issued)
A Certificate of Performance will be awarded to participants who pass the assessment and meet at least 75% attendance rate
Full Fees (before GST): $1,000.00
GST payable for all funding-eligible applicants*: $21.00
GST payable for others: $70.00
|Applicants/Eligibility||SkillsFuture Funding||Subsidised Fee (after GST)|
|Singapore Citizens aged 40 and above1||$900.00||$121.00 |
|Singapore Citizens aged below 40||$700.00 ||$321.00|
|Singapore Permanent Residents and LTVP+ Holders||$700.00 ||$321.00|
|SME-sponsored Singapore Citizens, Permanent Residents and LTVP+ Holders2||$900.00||$121.00 |
|Others (Full fees payable)||$0.00||$1,070.00 |
*As per SSG’s policy, the GST payable is calculated based on 7% of the baseline funding subsidy of 70%
Singaporeans aged 25 years and above may use **SkillsFuture Credit balance to offset respective course fees.
1Under the SkillsFuture Mid-career Enhanced Subsidy. For more information, visit the SkillsFuture website here.
2 Under the Enhanced Training Support for Small & Medium Enterprises (SMEs) Scheme. For more information of the scheme, click here. To view SP’s list of similar funded courses, click here. Please submit the attached “Declaration Form for Enhanced Training Support Scheme for SME” together with your online application.
Please click here for more information on funding incentives.
Eligible for SkillsFuture CreditTerms and Conditions*Please note that once the maximum class size is reached, the online registration will be closed.
You may register your interest, and would be notified if there is new run.
1. All applications must be made via Online Registration at www.pace.sp.edu.sg
Course fees can be paid by the following payment modes:
a) Credit Cards, Internet Banking, NETS (Not Applicable for company sponsored)
For e-payment using Visa/Master cards and Internet Banking, please click on the ‘Make e-Payment’ button on the acknowledgement page to proceed.
b) For NETS payment, you can pay at:
c) For payment via PayNow, please enter the UEN No. T08GB0056ACET and indicate the invoice/registration number.
*With effect from 1 August 2021, cheque payment will not be available.
2. All successful applicants will be notified with a letter of confirmation via email.