15 & 17 Nov 2022
21 Sep to 18 Oct 2022
9:00am to 5:00pm
Mode of Training:
Facilitated Learning (F2F)
Conducting a training needs analysis helps organisations focus on the right training areas and prioritise training efforts. This course will equip participants with the skills to guide organisations in identifying the areas.
This course aims to help participants understand the different stages of a Training Needs Analysis (TNA) as well as a Skills Gap Analysis. Participants will then be able to guide organisations to focus on the right areas to train and prioritise training efforts; hone in on what skills are needed for different job roles, evaluate the skills of current employees and highlight the skills gaps that need to be supported with learning and development.
By the end of the course, participants will be able to:
1. Assess the business performance goals and competency needs of a company
2. Identify steps to conduct training needs analysis (TNA) and skills gap analysis
3. Assess training needs and skills gap analysis guided by established frameworks
4. Conduct TNA and skills gap analysis using various collection methods
5. Develop a TNA report
6. Provide advice on possible ways to evaluate effectiveness of learning solutions for continuous improvement
Topics to be covered
1. Introduction to Training Needs Analysis (TNA)
2. The TNA process
3. Data Collection Methodologies
4. Analysis of Data for a TNA
5. Identification of Competencies using the Competency Frameworks
6. How to conduct Skills Gap Analysis
7. Preparation of TNA Report
Learning and Development Department, and Team leaders / Managers of functional departments who would like to implement Workplace Learning
Minimum Entry Requirements / Assumed Skills and Knowledge
Basic English Proficiency
Award / Certification / Accreditation
• Certificate of Attendance (electronic Certificate will be issued)
A Certificate of Attendance will be awarded to participants who meet at least 75% attendance rate
• Certificate of Performance (electronic Certificate will be issued)
A Certificate of Performance will be awarded to participants who pass the examination and meet at least 75% attendance rate
Full Fees (before GST): $1,190.00
GST payable for all funding-eligible applicants*: $24.99
GST payable for others: $83.30
|Applicants/Eligibility||SkillsFuture Funding||Subsidised Fee (after GST)|
|Singapore Citizens aged 40 and above1||$1,071.00||$143.99|
|Singapore Citizens aged below 40||$833.00||$381.99|
|Singapore Permanent Residents and LTVP+ Holders||$833.00||$381.99|
|SME-sponsored Singapore Citizens, Permanent Residents and LTVP+ Holders2||$1,071.00||$143.99|
|Others (Full fees payable)||$0.00||$1,273.30|
*As per SSG’s policy, the GST payable is calculated based on 7% of the baseline funding subsidy of 70%
Singaporeans aged 25 years and above may use **SkillsFuture Credit balance to offset respective course fees.
1Under the SkillsFuture Mid-career Enhanced Subsidy. For more information, visit the SkillsFuture website here.
2 Under the Enhanced Training Support for Small & Medium Enterprises (SMEs) Scheme. For more information of the scheme, click here. To view SP’s list of similar funded courses, click here. Please submit the attached “Declaration Form for Enhanced Training Support Scheme for SME” together with your online application.
Please click here for more information on funding incentives.
Eligible for SkillsFuture CreditTerms and Conditions*Please note that once the maximum class size is reached, the online registration will be closed. You may register your interest, and would be notified if there is a new run.
1. All applications must be made via Online Registration at www.pace.sp.edu.sg
Course fees can be paid by the following payment modes:
a) Credit Cards, Internet Banking, NETS (Not Applicable for company sponsored)
For e-payment using Visa/Master cards and Internet Banking, please click on the ‘Make e-Payment’ button on the acknowledgement page to proceed.
b) For NETS payment, you can pay at:
c) For payment via PayNow, please enter the UEN No. T08GB0056ACET and indicate the invoice/registration number.
*With effect from 1 August 2021, cheque payment will not be available
2. All successful applicants will be notified with a letter of confirmation via email.