22 Jul to 24 Jul 2020
25 Aug to 27 Aug 2020
24 hours / 3 days
8:30am to 5:30pm
Mode of Training:
Classroom and Practical
As part of the training collaboration with Singapore Semiconductor Industry Association (SSIA), this course covers 3 modules under the PCP (Professional Conversion Programme) course for the Electronics industry. The 3 modules consists of Semiconductor Processes, Statistical Process Control and Introduction to Industry 4.0. This programme is targeted at reskilling the PMETs (Professionals, Managers, Executives and Technicians) in the Wafer Fabrication Manufacturing Industry.
This course provides participants with the relevant knowledge and skills of the Wafer Fabrication process in the Semiconductor Manufacturing Industry. Participants will be introduced to facilities in the manufacturing process such as cleanrooms and handling of hazardous chemicals, various stages in Semiconductor Manufacturing from front end to back end; fabless, manufacturing flow and understanding of the fabrication processes for integrated circuits (IC) and statistical process control. There will be hands-on sessions working with process equipment and metrology tools in the cleanroom. The Industry 4.0 technologies and its benefits to the Semicon Industry will also be taught in the course.
By the end of the course, participants will be able to:
• Identify the various sectors of the Semiconductor Industry ecosystem
• Describe the facilities support needed for Wafer Fabrication
• Describe the procedures for operating in cleanroom and handling hazardous chemicals
• Describe the process flow for integrated circuit (IC) manufacturing
• Describe the various processes for Wafer Fabrication
• Operate the Wafer Fabrication processes
• Apply the principles of the use of statistical process control charts for process control
• Identify key Industry 4.0 technologies that accelerate digital transformation of Manufacturing/Operations within the Semiconductor & Electronics Industry
• Determine the benefits brought about by Industry 4.0 technologies to address the challenges in the Semiconductor & Electronics industry.
1. Overview of the whole eco-system for the Semiconductor Industry in Singapore
2. Introduction to Wafer Fabrication facilities
- Essential facilities needed for Wafer Fabrication; Cleanroom, De-ionised water, waste water treatment, vacuum, compressed air and handling hazardous gases and chemicals
3. Fabless: Appreciation of IC Design
4. Integrated Circuit (IC) Fabrication processes and Manufacturing Flow
5. Hands-on Sessions on Wafer Fabrication processes
- Hands-on experience in the cleanroom; photolithography, wafer cleaning, dry and wet etching, thin film deposition such as PVD and CVD
6. Fundamentals of Statistical Process control, PDCA and problem solving methodologies
- Understand the concept of process monitoring and improvement used in the Semicon Manufacturing Industry.
7. Overview of Digital Transformation and Industry 4.0
- Concept of digital transformation and Industry 4.0, their history and development, with examples of how it impacts various sectors and industry
8. Digital Technologies of Industry 4.0
- Overview of the various Industry 4.0 technologies that have accelerated digital transformation in the Semiconductor & Electronics Industry which includes Autonomous Robots, Internet of Things, Machine Learning & AI, Machine Vision, Cyber security.
9. Examples of Industry 4.0 in Semiconductor & Electronics
- Appreciation of the digital transformation happening in the Semiconductor & Electronics Industry through examples of companies employing the Industry 4.0 technologies & processes, and the benefits that have come about
All engineering technical or personnel under the Electronics Skills framework; associate engineer for process, quality, product, integration, equipment and facility for the Semicon & Electronics Industry.
Minimum Entry Requirements / Assumed Skills and Knowledge
Participants with Engineering or Manufacturing background; or at least a year of work experience in a technical role.
Award / Certification / Accreditation
• Certificate of Attendance (electronic Certificate will be issued)
A Certificate of Attendance will be awarded to participants who meet at least 75% attendance rate
• Certificate of Performance (electronic Certificate will be issued)
A Certificate of Performance will be awarded to participants who pass the assessment and meet at least 75% attendance rate
*Please note that once the maximum class size is reached, the online registration will be closed.
1. All applications must be made via Online Registration at www.pace.sp.edu.sg
Course fees can be paid by the following payment modes:
a) Credit Cards, Internet Banking, NETS (Not Applicable for company sponsored)
For e-payment using Visa/Master cards and Internet Banking, please click on the ‘Make e-Payment’ button on the acknowledgement page to proceed.
b) For NETS payment, you can pay at:
Please make cheques payable to “Singapore Polytechnic”. Do cross the cheque and write the Registration Reference ID, Applicant Name and NRIC/FIN number at the back of the cheque. When you have completed required
details, you may mail the cheque here.
Please note that an administrative charge of $15 will be imposed for any returned cheques from the bank or financial institution.
2. All successful applicants will be notified with a letter of confirmation via email.