05 Dec 2022 to 07 Dec 2022
05 Sep 2022 to 28 Oct 2022
08:30 AM to 05:30 PM,
Mode of Training:
Facilitated Learning (F2F) and Practical Training
Eligible for SkillsFuture Credit
*Please note that once the maximum class size is reached, the online registration will be closed.
You may register your interest, and would be notified if there is new run.
As part of the training collaboration with Singapore Semiconductor Industry Association (SSIA), this course covers 3 modules under the PCP (Professional Conversion Programme) course for the Electronics industry. The 3 modules consists of Semiconductor Processes, Statistical Process Control and Introduction to Industry 4.0. This programme is targeted at reskilling the PMETs (Professionals, Managers, Executives and Technicians) in the Wafer Fabrication Manufacturing Industry.
This course provides participants with the relevant knowledge and skills of the Wafer Fabrication process in the Semiconductor Manufacturing Industry. Participants will be introduced to facilities in the manufacturing process such as cleanrooms and handling of hazardous chemicals, various stages in Semiconductor Manufacturing from front end to back end; fabless, manufacturing flow and understanding of the fabrication processes for integrated circuits (IC) and statistical process control. There will be hands-on sessions working with process equipment and metrology tools in the cleanroom. The Industry 4.0 technologies and its benefits to the Semicon Industry will also be taught in the course.
By the end of the course, participants will be able to:
• Identify the various sectors of the Semiconductor Industry ecosystem
• Describe the facilities support needed for Wafer Fabrication
• Describe the procedures for operating in cleanroom and handling hazardous chemicals
• Describe the process flow for integrated circuit (IC) manufacturing
• Describe the various processes for Wafer Fabrication
• Operate the Wafer Fabrication processes
• Apply the principles of the use of statistical process control charts for process control
• Identify key Industry 4.0 technologies that accelerate digital transformation of Manufacturing/Operations within the Semiconductor & Electronics Industry
• Determine the benefits brought about by Industry 4.0 technologies to address the challenges in the Semiconductor & Electronics industry.
Topics to be covered
1. Overview of the whole eco-system for the Semiconductor Industry in Singapore
2. Introduction to Wafer Fabrication facilities
- Essential facilities needed for Wafer Fabrication; Cleanroom, De-ionised water, waste water treatment, vacuum, compressed air and handling hazardous gases and chemicals
3. Fabless: Appreciation of IC Design
4. Integrated Circuit (IC) Fabrication processes and Manufacturing Flow
5. Hands-on Sessions on Wafer Fabrication processes
- Hands-on experience in the cleanroom; photolithography, wafer cleaning, dry and wet etching, thin film deposition such as PVD and CVD
6. Fundamentals of Statistical Process control, PDCA and problem solving methodologies
- Understand the concept of process monitoring and improvement used in the Semicon Manufacturing Industry.
7. Overview of Digital Transformation and Industry 4.0
- Concept of digital transformation and Industry 4.0, their history and development, with examples of how it impacts various sectors and industry
8. Digital Technologies of Industry 4.0
- Overview of the various Industry 4.0 technologies that have accelerated digital transformation in the Semiconductor & Electronics Industry which includes Autonomous Robots, Internet of Things, Machine Learning & AI, Machine Vision, Cyber security.
9. Examples of Industry 4.0 in Semiconductor & Electronics
- Appreciation of the digital transformation happening in the Semiconductor & Electronics Industry through examples of companies employing the Industry 4.0 technologies & processes, and the benefits that have come about