28 July 2020
14 May to 19 July 2020
8:30am to 5:30pm
Mode of Training:
The objective of this course is to equip participants with the knowledge of Failure Mode and Effects Analysis (FMEA), a step-by-step approach for identifying all possible failures in a design, a manufacturing process, an equipment, or even a service.
The objective of this course is to equip participants with the knowledge of Failure Mode and Effects Analysis (FMEA), a step-by-step approach for identifying all possible failures in a design, a manufacturing process, an equipment, or even a service. Participants will also have the opportunity to work on real-life case studies where they will learn how to create a proper risk assessment, prioritise the different critical levels of risk, and trigger necessary mitigation actions.
Course Learning Outcomes
By the end of the course, participants will be able to:
• Apply FMEA methodology for identifying risks in their business environment
• Systematically prioritise the risks by understanding their potential effects and assigned team for actions to mitigate them
• Properly document and constantly review them due to situation changes and new learning
• Demonstrate on how to do things right the first time to prevent impact on businesses and customers
Course Content & Structure
|Topic||No. of Hours|
|• Describe FMEA|
• Historical background on FMEA
• Types of FMEA
• Application of FMEA in real life and in businesses
• Rating of Severity, Occurrences and Detection of failure modes
• Group exercise on FMEA
|• Interpret the relationship between severity, occurrence and detectability|
• Common challenges using FMEA
• Case studies on FMEA for semiconductors & electronics industry
• Group Exercise on identification of FMEA in workplaces
• Improvements in the FMEA application
|Total Hours ||8|
Technician, Associate Engineer/Assistant Engineer, Equipment Engineer, Maintenance Engineer
Minimum Entry Requirements / Assumed Skills and Knowledge
Award / Certification / Accreditation
• Certificate of Attendance (electronic Certificate will be issued)
A Certificate of Attendance will be awarded to participants who meet at least 75% attendance rate
• Certificate of Performance (electronic Certificate will be issued)
A Certificate of Performance will be awarded to participants who pass the assessment and meet at least 75% attendance rate
Course Fees payable:
|Singapore Citizens aged below 40 and Singapore PRs||Singapore Citizens||Others|
|Non-SME sponsored||1Sponsored by SME||2Aged 40 and above|
Singaporeans aged 25 years and above may use **SkillsFuture Credit balance to offset respective course fees.
1 Under the Enhanced Training Support for Small & Medium Enterprises (SMEs) Scheme. For more information, click here.
Please submit the attached “Declaration Form for Enhanced Training Support Scheme for SME” together with your online application.
2 Under the SkillsFuture Mid-career Enhanced Subsidy. For more information, visit the SkillsFuture website here.
Please click here for more information on funding incentives.
Registration may be closed once seats are filled up.
1. All applications must be made via Online Registration at www.pace.sp.edu.sg
Course fees can be paid by the following payment modes:
a) Credit Cards, Internet Banking, NETS (Not Applicable for company sponsored)
For e-payment using Visa/Master cards and Internet Banking, please click on the ‘Make e-Payment’ button on the acknowledgement page to proceed.
b) For NETS payment, you can pay at:
Please make cheques payable to “Singapore Polytechnic”. Do cross the cheque and write the Registration Reference ID, Applicant Name and NRIC/FIN number at the back of the cheque. When you have completed required
details, you may mail the cheque here.
Please note that an administrative charge of $15 will be imposed for any returned cheques from the bank or financial institution.
2. All successful applicants will be notified with a letter of confirmation via email.