16 hours / 2 day
9am to 6pm, Monday and Tuesday
Mode of Training:
Data handling, analysis and visualization are critical skills that are necessary in managing the challenges in a variety of modern-day data-driven businesses. In today's era of big data where the computers and networks are everywhere and business processes
may be translated to data, this means that data manipulation, analysis and visualization skills are much needed to make insightful decisions. Knowledge in data analysis and visualization provides one with the necessary skills that form the basis for
deeper quantitative reasoning needed for data and predictive analytics work.
This course aims to equip participants with the skills to clean data, perform simple analysis and create useful visualizations for presentation and recommendations to stakeholders. Participants will learn how to achieve this using Excel and Power BI software.
Course Learning Outcomes
By the end of the course, participants will be able to:
• Prepare, clean, format and manage data using Excel for analysis
• Summarise and represent data meaningfully using excel for further analysis and decision making
• Carry out essential statistical analysis and inference on data
meaningfully using excel
• Prepare and manipulate data for visualization using Power BI
• Visualize data using Power BI
Course Content & Structure
Part 1: Handling Your Data
Collecting and Managing Business Data
• Getting external data from various sources
• Preparing data using text manipulation
• Extracting data with Essential Formulae/Functions
• Formatting and conditional
• Tapping into real data from Internet for business analysis
Building Dashboard using Pivot Tables and Pivot Charts
• Understanding and use of Excel tables
• Creating Pivot Tables to analyse worksheet data
• Creating dashboards using Pivot Charts for visual presentation
• Adding Slicers and Timelines for interactive display
• Introducing multi-table Pivot Tables and data model
Decision making using What-If Analysis
• Building Data Tables
• Building charts from Data Tables
• Using Scenario Manager for reporting different scenarios
• Exploring Data Analysis tools
Part 2: Understanding your Data
• Using statistical functions and formulae
• Plotting different types of charts
• Customising charts for presentations
• Probability Distribution
• Estimation and Confidence Intervals
• Hypothesis Testing
Part 3: Visualising your Data
• Basic visuals
• Data preparation
• Layout planning
• Building functions using DAX
Data Analyst, Business Professionals and Academics with a need to analyse and visualise data, Business and Quantitative Analysts
Minimum Entry Requirement / Assumed Skills and Knowledge
Basic communication skills in English language. Experience in working with data would be an advantage.
Participants are required to bring their own laptops for this training and installed with Microsoft Office 365 or Office 2019.
• Certificate of Attendance (electronic Certificate will be issued)
A Certificate of Attendance will be awarded to participants who meet at least 75% attendance rate
• Certificate of Performance (electronic Certificate will be
A Certificate of Performance will be awarded to participants who pass the assessment and meet at least 75% attendance rate
Course Fees payable:
|Singapore Citizens aged below 40 and Singapore PRs||Singapore Citizens||Others|
|Non-SME sponsored||1Sponsored by SME||2Aged 40 and above|
Singaporeans aged 25 years and above may use **SkillsFuture Credit balance to offset respective course fees.
1 Under the Enhanced Training Support for Small & Medium Enterprises (SMEs) Scheme. For more information, click here. Please submit the attached “Declaration Form for Enhanced Training Support Scheme for SME
” together with your online application.
2 Under the SkillsFuture Mid-career Enhanced Subsidy. For more information, visit the SkillsFuture website here.
Please click here for more information on funding incentives.
1. All applications must be made via Online Registration at www.pace.sp.edu.sg
Course fees can be paid by the following payment modes:
a) Credit Cards, Internet Banking, NETS (Not Applicable for company sponsored)
For e-payment using Visa/Master cards and Internet Banking, please click on the ‘Make e-Payment’ button on the acknowledgement page to proceed.
b) For NETS payment, you can pay at:
Please make cheques payable to “Singapore Polytechnic”. Do cross the cheque and write the Registration Reference ID, Applicant Name and NRIC/FIN number at the back of the cheque. When you have completed required
details, you may mail the cheque here.
Please note that an administrative charge of $15 will be imposed for any returned cheques from the bank or financial institution.
2. All successful applicants will be notified with a letter of confirmation via email.