12 and 13 Oct 2021
17 Aug to 20 Sep 2021
8:30am to 5:30pm
Mode of Training:
Facilitated Learning (F2F)
OPC Unified Architecture is a machine-to-machine (M2M) protocol for industrial automation developed by OPC Foundation and it has become the interoperability standard for industrial automation. The course aims to introduce trends in industrial communication
M2M, OPC UA standard and its specifications and security model as well as integration techniques on how industry host controllers can integrate into information systems such as cloud or web-based Human Machine Interface (HMI) and Supervisory control
and data acquisition (SCADA) system using OPC UA protocol.
The objective of this course is to introduce participants on communication trends in industrial automation, basic networking concepts, M2M architecture and protocols, OPC UA communication standards, security and information models, data and historical
access and its impact in automation systems. Participants will learn how to securely integrate control devices on a computer network to extend controllability via OPC UA enabled WebAccess SCADA system and accessibility over Local Area Network as well
as Wide Area Network.
By the end of the course, participants will be able to:
- Recognise the trends in industrial automation
- Define the basic functions of networking devices, network addressing and subnetting of network addresses
- Acquire the concepts of LAN, WAN and Internetworking
- Explain how the M2M architecture
and its communication protocols are used in advanced manufacturing
- Interpret the OPC, OPC UA and its specifications
- Describe OPC UA security models
- Implement a designed industry application as a proof of concept
by using industrial controllers, OPC UA and WebAccess SCADA.
Topics to be covered
Trends in industrial automation, challenges and enablers
- Basic functions of networking devices, network addressing and subnetting of network addresses
- LAN, WAN and Internetworking (Hands-on with Cisco Packet Tracer)
- Quiz 1
- M2M architecture and communication protocols
- Introduction to OPC Foundation and OPC UA
OPC UA security models with Hands-on
Implement a designed industry application (POC) using industry controller, OPC UA and WebAccess SCADA
- Quiz 2
SIMTech Model Factory Visit
Assistant or Associate Engineer/Technician/System Integrators/Plant and Operation Managers
Minimum Entry Requirements / Assumed Skills and Knowledge
Basic computer literacy. Basic knowledge and practical experience in control, automation and plant floor Operation
Award / Certification / Accreditation
• Certificate of Attendance (electronic Certificate will be issued)
A Certificate of Attendance will be awarded to participants who meet at least 75% attendance rate
• Certificate of Performance (electronic Certificate will be issued)
A Certificate of Performance will be awarded to participants who pass the assessment and meet at least 75% attendance rate
Eligible for SkillsFuture CreditTerms and Conditions*Please note that once the maximum class size is reached, the online registration will be closed.
You may register your interest, and would be notified if there is new run.
1. All applications must be made via Online Registration at www.pace.sp.edu.sg
Course fees can be paid by the following payment modes:
a) Credit Cards, Internet Banking, NETS (Not Applicable for company sponsored)
For e-payment using Visa/Master cards and Internet Banking, please click on the ‘Make e-Payment’ button on the acknowledgement page to proceed.
b) For NETS payment, you can pay at:
c) For payment via PayNow, please enter the UEN No. T08GB0056ACET and indicate the invoice/registration number.
*With effect from 1 August 2021, cheque payment will not be available.
2. All successful applicants will be notified with a letter of confirmation via email.