22 hours/3 days (Include 7 hours project)
9.00am to 5.30pm (1st & 2nd day)
9.00am to 5.00pm (3rd day)
Mode of Training:
Facilitated Learning (F2F) and Practical Training
The learning will be applied in a workshop format and led by trained process experts. Participants will apply the techniques to their assigned project of different consumer products.
Participants will have an in-depth training on design thinking methodology and tools as a way to analyse insights and generate design ideas for consumer products. They will also translate some of the ideas into integrated experience prototypes for testing and feedback.
By the end of the Course, participants will be able to:
1. Distinguish the tools for the various steps in the Design Thinking process
2. Integrate Design Thinking concepts into a process to enhance user experience
• Production Engineer
• Technical Specialist / Formulation Specialist
• Research & Development (R&D) / Application / Chemist / Product Manager
• Laboratory Technician / Analyst / Supervisor / Engineer
• Chemical Process Technician / Technologist
• Fragrance Evaluator / Manager
• Consumer Sensory Insights Specialist / Manager
• Regulatory Affairs Specialist / Manager
• Associate Researcher / Research Technologist
• Quality Assurance Specialist / Manager
Minimum Entry Requirements / Assumed Skills and Knowledge
Polytechnic Diploma / Degree in relevant Science / Engineering discipline or equivalent qualifications
Award / Certification / Accreditation
• Certificate of Attendance (electronic Certificate will be issued)
A Certificate of Attendance will be awarded to participants who meet at least 75% attendance rate
• Certificate of Performance (electronic Certificate will be issued)
A Certificate of Performance will be awarded to participants who pass the assessment and meet at least 75% attendance rate
Eligible for SkillsFuture CreditTerms and Conditions*Please note that once the maximum class size is reached, the online registration will be closed.
You may register your interest, and would be notified if there is new run.
1. All applications must be made via Online Registration at www.pace.sp.edu.sg
Course fees can be paid by the following payment modes:
a) Credit Cards, Internet Banking, NETS (Not Applicable for company sponsored)
For e-payment using Visa/Master cards and Internet Banking, please click on the ‘Make e-Payment’ button on the acknowledgement page to proceed.
b) For NETS payment, you can pay at:
c) For payment via PayNow, please enter the UEN No. T08GB0056ACET and indicate the invoice/registration number.
*With effect from 1 August 2021, cheque payment will not be available.
2. All successful applicants will be notified with a letter of confirmation via email.