9am to 6pm
Mode of Training:
The learning will be applied in a workshop format and led by trained process experts. Participants will apply the techniques to their assigned project of different consumer products.
Participants will have an in-depth training on design thinking methodology and tools as a way to analyse insights and generate design ideas for consumer products. They will also translate some of the ideas into integrated experience prototypes for testing and feedback.
By the end of the Course, participants will be able to:
1. Distinguish the tools for the various steps in the Design Thinking process
2. Integrate Design Thinking concepts into a process to enhance user experience
• Production Engineer
• Technical Specialist / Formulation Specialist
• Research & Development (R&D) / Application / Chemist / Product Manager
• Laboratory Technician / Analyst / Supervisor / Engineer
• Chemical Process Technician / Technologist
• Fragrance Evaluator / Manager
• Consumer Sensory Insights Specialist / Manager
• Regulatory Affairs Specialist / Manager
• Associate Researcher / Research Technologist
• Quality Assurance Specialist / Manager
Minimum Entry Requirements / Assumed Skills and Knowledge
Polytechnic Diploma / Degree in relevant Science / Engineering discipline or equivalent qualifications
Award / Certification / Accreditation
• Certificate of Attendance (electronic Certificate will be issued)
A Certificate of Attendance will be awarded to participants who meet at least 75% attendance rate
• Certificate of Performance (electronic Certificate will be issued)
A Certificate of Performance will be awarded to participants who pass the assessment and meet at least 75% attendance rate
Course Fees payable:
|Singapore Citizens aged below 40 and Singapore PRs||Singapore Citizens||Others |
|Non-SME sponsored||1Sponsored by SME||2Aged 40 and above|
Singaporeans aged 25 years and above may use **SkillsFuture Credit balance to offset respective course fees.
1 Under the Enhanced Training Support for Small & Medium Enterprises (SMEs) Scheme. For more information, click here. Please submit the attached “Declaration Form for Enhanced Training Support Scheme for SME” together with your online application.
2 Under the SkillsFuture Mid-career Enhanced Subsidy. For more information, visit the SkillsFuture website here.
Please click here for more information on funding incentives.
*Please note that once the maximum class size is reached, the online registration will be closed.
1. All applications must be made via Online Registration at www.pace.sp.edu.sg
Course fees can be paid by the following payment modes:
a) Credit Cards, Internet Banking, NETS (Not Applicable for company sponsored)
For e-payment using Visa/Master cards and Internet Banking, please click on the ‘Make e-Payment’ button on the acknowledgement page to proceed.
b) For NETS payment, you can pay at:
Please make cheques payable to “Singapore Polytechnic”. Do cross the cheque and write the Registration Reference ID, Applicant Name and NRIC/FIN number at the back of the cheque. When you have completed required
details, you may mail the cheque here.
Please note that an administrative charge of $15 will be imposed for any returned cheques from the bank or financial institution.
2. All successful applicants will be notified with a letter of confirmation via email.