Intake 13: 17 - 21 Oct 2022
Date of Exam:
Friday, 04 Nov 2022 (9 - 11am)
01 - 21 Sep 2022
8:30am to 6:30pm/5.30pm (Mon, Wed & Fri)
Self Directed E-learning (14 Hrs)
Mode of Training:
Blended - Face to face and E-learning
From Aug 2022 onwards, the Environmental Sanitation (ES) regime, which mandates baseline environmental sanitation standards, will be expanded to specified shopping malls.
The ES regime builds on existing hygiene and sanitation measures already practised by the various sectors and premises; and aims to move towards a co-regulatory approach where all stakeholders take accountability and ownership of the environmental sanitation standards within their respective premises.
This course aims to prepare participants to take on the role of an Environmental Control Officer (Specified Premises) [ECO(SP)] to assist premises managers (PM) in complying with the ES regime.
The course aims to train premise executive on the development and monitoring of the implementation of an Environmental Sanitation (ES) programme for specified premises. The primary aim of the Environmental Control Officers Specified Premises (ECO SP)
scheme is for the premise manager to take a more pro-active role to ensure that the premise is kept free of environmental health problems.
By the end of the course, participants will be able to:
• Prepare and submit a Environmental Sanitation Programme and Reports to the Premise Manager/Owner of the specified premises.
• Identify environmental issues and recommend measures to rectify the irregularities
• Assist the authorities
to investigate environmental issues
• Organise campaigns, training courses and other activities to develop and sustain the interest of workers in maintaining good environmental health standards
Topics to be covered
1. Introduction to ES Regime
2. Introduction to Public Health Diseases
3. Vector Control
4. Food Safety
5. Effective Procurement of Cleaning and Pest Control Services
6. Cleaning and Disinfection
7. Littering and Smoking
8. Indoor Air Quality
9. Environmental Hygiene and Water Efficiency
10. Waste Management
11. Maintenance of Centralised Kitchen Exhaust System
Mode of Assessment
There will be a 2-hour e-Exam (100 multiple choice questions) 2 weeks after the end of the course. Passing Marks:70
Participants are required to meet the 75% attendance requirement to be able to sit for the examination,
Please note that Deferment of ECO exam is not allowed.
Managers / Executives / Technical Officers
Minimum Entry Requirements / Assumed Skills and Knowledge
Applicants must possess at least one of the following qualifications:
1. A degree from local universities or any other institutes which is acceptable to the Director-General of Public Health; or
2. A diploma from local polytechnics or other institutes which is acceptable to the Director-General of Public Health, and with 2 years of relevant working experience1; or
3. WPLN L7 in reading, listening, speaking, writing and numeracy; or
4. WPLN L6 in reading, listening, speaking, writing and numeracy with 2 years of relevant working experience1.
1 Environmental engineering, estate management i.e., facility management and environmental health i.e., cleaning, pest control and waste management are considered relevant to the work to be performed by an ECO(SP).
Award / Certification / Accreditation
• Certificate of Performance (electronic Certificate will be issued)
A Certificate of Performance will be awarded to participants who pass the examination and meet at least 75% attendance rate
• Attending and passing ECO course will NOT automatically lead to the successful registration as an ECO with National Environment Agency (NEA).
For ECO(SP) licence registration requirements, and information on the duties of the ECO(SP), please refer to link: register with NEA.
Full Fees (before GST): $820.00
GST payable for all funding-eligible applicants*: $17.22
GST payable for others: $57.40
|Applicants/Eligibility||SkillsFuture Funding||Subsidised Fee (after GST)|
|Singapore Citizens aged 40 and above1||$738.00||$99.22|
|Singapore Citizens aged below 40||$574.00||$263.22|
|Singapore Permanent Residents and LTVP+ Holders||$574.00||$263.22|
|SME-sponsored Singapore Citizens, Permanent Residents and LTVP+ Holders2||$738.00||$99.22|
|Others (Full fees payable)||$0.00||$877.40|
*As per SSG’s policy, the GST payable is calculated based on 7% of the baseline funding subsidy of 70%
Singaporeans aged 25 years and above may use **SkillsFuture Credit balance to offset respective course fees.
1Under the SkillsFuture Mid-career Enhanced Subsidy. For more information, visit the SkillsFuture website here.
2 Under the Enhanced Training Support for Small & Medium Enterprises (SMEs) Scheme. For more information of the scheme, click here. To view SP’s list of similar funded courses, click here. Please submit the attached “Declaration Form for Enhanced Training Support Scheme for SME” together with your online application.
Please click here for more information on funding incentives.