9:00am to 12:00pm, Boston time (Wednesday)
(10:00pm to 1:00am/9:00pm to 12:00am Singapore time)
Thursday to Tuesdays (meet with instructors, work on week’s assignment as required)
The Fab Academy Diploma programme teaches the principles and applications of digital fabrication.It provides a hands-on introduction to the resources for designing and fabricating smart systems, including CAD/CAM/CAE; NC machining, 3-D printing, moulding,
composites, laser cutting; PCB layout and fabrication; sensors and actuators; embedded digital processing; wired and wireless communications. This course, taught by Prof Neil Gershenfeld (Director, MIT Center for Bits and Atoms), also puts emphasis
on learning how to use digital fabrication tools as well as understand how they work.
• Anyone with a keen interest in digital fabrication and a desire to design and make things.
• Expected time commitment about 30 hrs per week (depending on individual)
Minimum Entry Requirements / Assumed Skills and Knowledge
• Be able to use a computer and have basic understanding of CAD, electronics and programming
• Be able to communicate in English (spoken & written).
Award / Certification / Accreditation
• There is no global accreditation for these skills. Instead, each student builds a portfolio that documents their mastery of these skills individually, and their integration. The diploma is awarded by Fab Foundation, which oversees a global network
of over 1000 fablabs.
BEngg (Hons), MEngSc (UNSW), Fab Academy graduate and instructor
BEngg, MSc (Dist) CompSc (UCL), Fab Academy graduate and instructor
Eligible for SkillsFuture CreditTerms and Conditions*Please note that once the maximum class size is reached, the online registration will be closed.
You may register your interest, and would be notified if there is new run.
1. All applications must be made via Online Registration at www.pace.sp.edu.sg
Course fees can be paid by the following payment modes:
a) Credit Cards, Internet Banking, NETS (Not Applicable for company sponsored)
For e-payment using Visa/Master cards and Internet Banking, please click on the ‘Make e-Payment’ button on the acknowledgement page to proceed.
b) For NETS payment, you can pay at:
c) For payment via PayNow, please enter the UEN No. T08GB0056ACET and indicate the invoice/registration number.
*With effect from 1 August 2021, cheque payment will not be available.
2. All successful applicants will be notified with a letter of confirmation via email.