Mode of Training:
This 10-short online learning modules provide the basics of emerging technologies used in Industry 4.0 (i4.0), particularly covering Advanced Manufacturing for technicians.
The 10-short online learning modules aim to provide participants with the basics of various emerging technologies employed in advanced manufacturing, pitched at a technician level. Such technologies are part of Industry 4.0 (i4.0) which is embraced by manufacturing companies today. They will appreciate the practical benefits and applications of i4.0. They will also understand that i4.0 is not a subtractive force by taking away their jobs but to help them scale up the value-add chain. Accessible by PC or any handheld devices, participants can learn anytime and anywhere.
By the end of the course, participants will be able to:
1. Describe the various emerging technologies employed as part of Industry 4.0 for Advanced Manufacturing
Topics to be covered
Topic 1 - Introduction to Advanced Manufacturing:
• What is Advanced Manufacturing?
• Benefits of Advanced Manufacturing
• Diving into Advanced Manufacturing Technology
Topic 2 - Industrial Internet of Things
• What is the Industrial Internet Of Things (IIOT)?
• SIIOT Implementation
• Application of IIOT in factory Automatic Guided Vehicle (AGV)
Topic 3 - Industrial Networks
• Industrial Internet of Things
• Industrial Networks
Topic 4 – Cybersecurity
• Anatomy of ICS Attacks
• Social engineering
• Protect Against Social Engineering
Topic 5 - Artificial Intelligent and Machine Learning
• Rise of the chatbot
• The Learning Machine is Here
• Artificial Intelligence
Topic 6 – Manufacturing Analytics
• Introduction to Manufacturing Analytics
• Introduction to Analytics
• Different Types of Analytics
Topic 7 – Data Traceability
• Introduction to Traceability
• Type of Traceability, and Traceability tools
• Case Studies on Traceability
Topic 8 - Quality Management in I4.0
• How will I4.0 affect Quality Management?
• How will I4.0 affect Production Quality?
• How will I4.0 affect Quality in Supporting Operations?
Topic 9 – Robotics
• Industrial Robots and Benefits
• Robot safety
• Cobots and AGVs
Topic 10 - Enterprise Automation
• The Automation Pyramid
• The Manufacturing Execution System
• Enterprise Resource Planning
Minimum Entry Requirements / Assumed Skills and Knowledge
Basic English proficiency
Award / Certification / Accreditation
• Certificate of Attendance (electronic Certificate will be issued)
A Certificate of Attendance will be awarded to participants who meet at least 75% attendance rate
• Certificate of Performance (electronic Certificate will be issued)
A Certificate of Performance will be awarded to participants who pass the assessment and meet at least 75% attendance rate
Eligible for SkillsFuture CreditTerms and Conditions*Please note that once the maximum class size is reached, the online registration will be closed. You may register your interest, and would be notified if there is a new run.
1. All applications must be made via Online Registration at www.pace.sp.edu.sg
Course fees can be paid by the following payment modes:
a) Credit Cards, Internet Banking, NETS (Not Applicable for company sponsored)
For e-payment using Visa/Master cards and Internet Banking, please click on the ‘Make e-Payment’ button on the acknowledgement page to proceed.
b) For NETS payment, you can pay at:
c) For payment via PayNow, please enter the UEN No. T08GB0056ACET and indicate the invoice/registration number.
*With effect from 1 August 2021, cheque payment will not be available
2. All successful applicants will be notified with a letter of confirmation via email.