16 hours / 2 day
9:00am to 6:00pm, Monday and Tuesday
Mode of Training:
Facilitated Learning (F2F)
Data handling, analysis and visualization are critical skills that are necessary in managing the challenges in a variety of modern-day data-driven businesses. In today's era of big data where the computers and networks are everywhere and business processes may be translated to data, this means that data manipulation, analysis and visualization skills are much needed to make insightful decisions. Knowledge in data analysis and visualization provides one with the necessary skills that form the basis for deeper quantitative reasoning needed for data and predictive analytics work.
This course aims to equip participants with the skills to clean data, perform simple analysis and create useful visualizations for presentation and recommendations to stakeholders. Participants will learn how to achieve this using Excel and Power BI software.
Course Learning Outcomes
By the end of the course, participants will be able to:
• Prepare, clean, format and manage data using Excel for analysis
• Summarise and represent data meaningfully using excel for further analysis and decision making
• Carry out essential statistical analysis and inference on data meaningfully using excel
• Prepare and manipulate data for visualization using Power BI
• Visualize data using Power BI
Topics to be covered
Part 1: Handling Your Data
Collecting and Managing Business Data
• Getting external data from various sources
• Preparing data using text manipulation
• Extracting data with Essential Formulae/Functions
• Formatting and conditional formatting
• Tapping into real data from Internet for business analysis
Building Dashboard using Pivot Tables and Pivot Charts
• Understanding and use of Excel tables
• Creating Pivot Tables to analyse worksheet data
• Creating dashboards using Pivot Charts for visual presentation
• Adding Slicers and Timelines for interactive display
• Introducing multi-table Pivot Tables and data model
Decision making using What-If Analysis
• Building Data Tables
• Building charts from Data Tables
• Using Scenario Manager for reporting different scenarios
• Exploring Data Analysis tools
Part 2: Understanding your Data
• Using statistical functions and formulae
• Plotting different types of charts
• Customising charts for presentations
• Probability Distribution
• Estimation and Confidence Intervals
• Hypothesis Testing
Part 3: Visualising your Data
• Basic visuals
• Data preparation
• Layout planning
• Building functions using DAX
Data Analyst, Business Professionals and Academics with a need to analyse and visualise data, Business and Quantitative Analysts
Minimum Entry Requirements / Assumed Skills and Knowledge
Basic communication skills in English language. Experience in working with data would be an advantage.
Participants are required to bring their own laptops for this training and installed with Microsoft Office 365 or Office 2019.
Award / Certification / Accreditation
• Certificate of Attendance (electronic Certificate will be issued)
A Certificate of Attendance will be awarded to participants who meet at least 75% attendance rate
• Certificate of Performance (electronic Certificate will be issued)
A Certificate of Performance will be awarded to participants who pass the assessment and meet at least 75% attendance rate
Eligible for SkillsFuture CreditTerms and Conditions*Please note that once the maximum class size is reached, the online registration will be closed.
You may register your interest, and would be notified if there is new run.
1. All applications must be made via Online Registration at www.pace.sp.edu.sg
Course fees can be paid by the following payment modes:
a) Credit Cards, Internet Banking, NETS (Not Applicable for company sponsored)
For e-payment using Visa/Master cards and Internet Banking, please click on the ‘Make e-Payment’ button on the acknowledgement page to proceed.
b) For NETS payment, you can pay at:
c) For payment via PayNow, please enter the UEN No. T08GB0056ACET and indicate the invoice/registration number.
*With effect from 1 August 2021, cheque payment will not be available.
2. All successful applicants will be notified with a letter of confirmation via email.