7 hours / 1 day
9:00am to 5:00pm
Mode of Training:
Optometrists provide essential primary eye care services to tackle enormous healthcare challenges posed by ageing population and myopia epidemic in Singapore. For example, early detection of eye conditions such as glaucoma, diabetic retinopathy, etc. by Optometrists prevents or delays blindness significantly.
Through the proposed clinical workshops, industry Optometrists will undergo case-based interactive eye examination procedures to identify and manage common eye conditions that present in optical outlets and at other eye care centres.
To facilitate case-based interactive clinical refresher programme in Primary Eye Care to industry Optometrists
• Case studies on Anterior Eye
• Patient-based interactive eye examination
• Case studies on Posterior Eye
• Workshop 1: Slit Lamp Bio-microscopy
• Workshop 2: Retinal exam with 90D lens
• Workshop 3: Optical Coherence Tomography
• Workshop 4: Ultra-wide-field retinal examination
• Opportunities and challenges associated with Primary Eye Care: Roundtable Discussion
OOB (MOH) registered Optometrists
Minimum Entry Requirements / Assumed Skills and Knowledge
Award / Certification / Accreditation
• Certificate of Attendance (electronic Certificate will be issued)
A Certificate of Attendance will be awarded to participants who meet at least 75% attendance rate
Eligible for SkillsFuture CreditTerms and Conditions*Please note that once the maximum class size is reached, the online registration will be closed.
You may register your interest, and would be notified if there is new run.
1. All applications must be made via Online Registration at www.pace.sp.edu.sg
Course fees can be paid by the following payment modes:
a) Credit Cards, Internet Banking, NETS (Not Applicable for company sponsored)
For e-payment using Visa/Master cards and Internet Banking, please click on the ‘Make e-Payment’ button on the acknowledgement page to proceed.
b) For NETS payment, you can pay at:
c) For payment via PayNow, please enter the UEN No. T08GB0056ACET and indicate the invoice/registration number.
*With effect from 1 August 2021, cheque payment will not be available.
2. All successful applicants will be notified with a letter of confirmation via email.