This course aims to deepen the existing knowledge and skills of fresh full-time Diploma graduates from one of the 5 polytechnics or Diplomas from Institute of Technical Education (ITE) in Singapore in the areas of Food Product Innovation, Food Processing and Food Safety & Quality Management. Relevant technical skills are deepened through structured OJT aligned to the SkillsFuture Singapore (SSG) competency framework where trainees will be assigned to a mentor in the company to be trained in different areas. Trainees will gain knowledge and skills through facilitated case studies which help to enhance occupational and personal competencies for better career progression in the industry.
Course Duration and Training Mode:
Date of Course Commencement:
600 hours (18months)
Training Mode :
Structured On-the-Job Training (OJT) with participating company will run parallel with the Facilitated Learning (F2F/ Online Synchronous) conducted by SP and carrying out Capstone project in collaboration with the company.
Singapore Polytechnic (facilitated classroom training) and participating company (on-the-job training).
PDC 1 : Certificate in Applied Food Science I
Module 1 – Food Product Design
Module 2 – Applied Food Packaging
Module 3 – Food Safety Management System
PDC 2: Certificate in Applied Food Science II
Module 4 – Consumer & Sensory Studies
Module 5 – Sustainable Food Manufacturing
Module 6 – Advanced Food Microbiology and Biotechnology
Module 7 – Data Analytics
PDC 3: Certificate in Applied Food Science III
Module 8 – Food Regulations
Module 9 – Food Operation Management
Module 10 – Applied Food Analysis
Module 11 – Capstone Project
Module 12 – On-job-training (OJT)
Please click here for module synopsis
Fresh full-time Polytechnic Diploma/ ITE Technical Diploma/ ITE Technical Engineer Diploma/ ITE Work-Learn Technical Diploma graduates from the relevant fields who wish to deepen their technical skills in the food industry via on-the-job training (OJT) at participating food companies as full time employees in parallel with classroom learning and facilitation at Singapore Polytechnic.
Minimum Entry Requirements:
1. Applicants must be a Singapore Citizen or Singapore Permanent Resident of Singapore.
2. Applicants must be a graduate with a Full-time Polytechnic Diploma/ITE Technical Diploma/ITE Technical Engineering Diploma/ITE Work-Learn Technical Diploma within 36 months of graduation or from his last day of ORD.
3. Applicants must be hired by one of the participating companies for this Work-Study Programme.
4. The list of eligible diplomas offered by local polytechnics are as follows:
• Diploma in Food Science and Technology (SP)
• Diploma in Food Science and Nutrition (NYP)
• Diploma in Applied Food Science and Nutrition (TP)
• Diploma in Biotechnology (RP)
• Diploma in Restaurant & Culinary Operations (RP)
• Diploma in Food, Nutrition and Culinary Science (TP)
• Diploma in Culinary & Catering Management (TP)
• Diploma in Baking & Culinary Science (TP)
• Diploma in Food & Beverage Business (NYP)
• Diploma in Biomedical Science (SP/NP/TP/NYP/RP)
• Diploma in Chemical Process Technology (SP)
• Diploma in Applied Chemistry (SP)
• Diploma in Chemical Engineering (SP/NP/TP)
SP will evaluate individuals who have graduated for more than 36 months but within 5 years from the date of gradation or ORD on a case-by-case basis.
Past/Current Participating Companies:
- Chinatown Food Corporation Pte Ltd
- Commonwealth Culinary Creations Pte Ltd
- Covance (Asia) Pte Ltd
- CP Kelco Singapore Pte Ltd
- Faesol Pte. Ltd.
- Gan Hup Lee (1999) Pte Ltd
- Hong Seafood Pte Ltd
- Ingredion Singapore Pte Ltd
- Jumbo Group Of Restaurants Pte Ltd
- Kerry Asia Pacific
- Kerry Ingredients(S) Pte Ltd
- KH Roberts Pte Ltd
- L M Meat Pte Ltd
- Leprino Foods Singapore Pte Ltd
- Li Da Foods Pte Ltd
- Matrix Ingredients Pte Ltd
- Namz Pte Ltd
- Nestle R&D Center Pte Ltd
- NTUC Foodfare Co-Operative Ltd
- Papitto Gelato Pte Ltd
- PS Food & Beverage (S) Pte Ltd
- Pure Rich Biogems (S) Pte Ltd
- Sats Food Services Pte Ltd
- SATS Limited
- Seng Hua Hng Foodstaff Pte Ltd
- Seo Eng Joo Frozen Food Pte Ltd
- Super Bean International Pte Ltd
- Tan Seng Kee Foods Pte Ltd
- Tate & Lyle Asia Pacific Pte Ltd
- The Soup Spoon Pte Ltd
- Thong Siek Food Industry Pte Ltd
- Gardenia Foods (S) Pte Ltd
Award / Certification / Accreditation
Upon completion of three Certificates within an eighteen months validity period, the participant will be conferred an Advanced Diploma in Applied Food Science qualification from Singapore Polytechnic.
|S/N||Certificate Name||Singapore Citizens ||Singapore Permanent Residents||Enhanced Training Support for SME scheme (For Singapore Citizens)||Enhanced Training Support for SME scheme (For Singapore Permanent Residents)|
|1||Certificate in Applied Food Science I||$375.57||$1,001.52||$258.57||$299.52|
|2||Certificate in Applied Food Science II||$375.57||$1,001.52||$258.57||$299.52|
|3||Certificate in Applied Food Science III||$312.98||$834.60||$215.48||$249.60|
| ||Total Course Fees:||$1,564.88||$4,173.00||$1,077.38||$1,248.00|
* SkillsFuture Mid-Career Enhanced Funding and Enhanced Training Support for Small and Medium Enterprises (SMEs). Click here for more details
The fees shown (inclusive of 7% GST) are indicative as they are based on prevailing funding policies and subject to review. Module Certificate fee is payable on a semester basis.
|Other Fees Payable |
|Singapore Citizens||Singapore Permanent Residents|
|Statutory Licence Fee (CLASS)||$1.01||$1.01|
|Insurance Fee (GPA)||$1.70||$1.70|
*Not subjected to GST
- The fees shown (inclusive of 7% GST) are indicative as they are based on prevailing funding policies and subject to review.
- Module Certificate Fee is payable on a semester basis/Post Diploma Module Certificate fee is payable on a semester basis.
- Withdraw within 2 weeks before semester commencement, 70% refund of the paid course fee.
- Withdraw on or after the date of semester commencement, no refund of the paid course fee.
Please note that other fees paid are non-refundable.
For interested applicants, please click here to submit your application.
Only candidates who are shortlisted by SP and hosting companies will be notified to attend interviews. Successful candidates employed by the hosting companies will be placed under the programme.
For interested participating companies, please click here to submit your participation form.
For course specific details, please contact the course manager:
Name: Ms Chan Yuen Mun
For other enquiries, please email to firstname.lastname@example.org
a) For payment via PayNow, please enter the UEN No. T08GB0056ACET and indicate the invoice/registration number.
b) For payment via Telegraphic Transfer, details will be provided in the invoice to companies.
Terms and Conditions