Transforming the Cities of Tomorrow
Dive into a world of structures and mega projects! With the Diploma in Civil Engineering (DCE), you’ll be at the heart of designing and constructing infrastructure that keeps the pulse of modern society strong. Think skyscrapers, underground highways, bridges, airports, and so much more!
Learn to create innovative designs and transform them into buildings and infrastructure that are safe, efficient, and environmentally friendly. Create intelligent and interconnected structures using the latest technologies and techniques, such as smart building systems, Internet of Things (IoT) and automation.
Discover how to optimise energy usage, monitor building performance, and enhance user comfort through innovative and sustainable solutions to shape a better environment for all. In
an era where climate change is an existential issue, in DCE we equip you with the skills to “Build SMART, Build EFFICIENTLY & Build GREEN".
Singapore's construction landscape is poised for continuous growth. With major projects such as Changi Airport Terminal 5 and new MRT lines on the horizon, there is a wealth of career opportunities in this thriving sector.
If you're captivated by the complex systems that make up our cities and have a passion for creating a better built environment for generations to come, then this is the perfect path for you. Join us at the Diploma of Civil Engineering, and let's shape a future where our cities thrive!
What You Can Expect
- Prepare to be life-ready, work-ready and world-ready through our innovative Conceive-Design-Implement-Operate (CDIO) framework that equips you with practical skills and real-world experience.
- Take part in competitions, seminars, overseas community service projects, study trips and humanitarian missions to broaden your horizons.
- Acquire skillsets that align with the Construction Industry Transformation Map to meet the evolving needs of the industry.
- Develop professional skills in a 22-week Internship Programme, at reputable organisations such as LTA, HDB, JTC, Arup, Surbana Jurong and Samwoh Corporation, among others.
- A world of opportunities awaits you in the Built Environment sector. Find out about the career options and pathways available to DCE graduates here.
- SP-NTU Accelerated Pathway Programme: Take up Modules taught by Nanyang Technological University of Singapore and complete your degree earlier.
In Their Own Words
In my role as an engineering trainee, I provided support to my team leader in the field of engineering
design. Looking back on my internship, I've gained valuable experience in engineering design and expertise with various software tools. This experience allowed me to develop a deep appreciation for the process of creating blueprint drawings and understanding how they serve as the foundation for
constructing physical structures.
Yip Wen Xuan
DCE Gold Medallist
Internship at DP Engineers