DIPLOMA IN LANDSCAPE ARCHITECTURE (DLA - S94)
Landscape architects design and enhance our environment and surrounding spaces with fresh perspectives. It’s a design discipline that is concerned with the quality of our surrounding environment and spaces.
The Diploma in Landscape Architecture (DLA) course prepares you to become a landscape designer who will be able to assist in transforming our world into a conducive, interactive, educational and experiential place. It involved the study of existing social, ecological, and geological conditions and processes in the environment, and the responses needed to achieve the desired landscape (indoor/ outdoor) space design.
- Dynamic, project-based learning that develops investigative, analytical and open-minded thinking skills for application to landscape design
- Personalised consultations with tutors in design studios
- Three-month structured / enhanced internship programme with private companies and key players like National Parks Board
- Collaborative learning approach which allows you to learn about other
disciplines such as water technology and architecture
- Exploring the use of Plant Palette as materials for Spatial Design Proposal
- Simulation of Real Landscape Firm Operation / Processes-Client >
Research > Design Proposal > Presentation > Documentation
- Case studies & site visits as part of outdoor activities
Singapore Garden Society Scholarship / Sponsorship
BCA-Industry Scholarship / Sponsorship
*Information is accurate as of 2 April 2019
School of Architecture and the Built Environment
Tel: (65) 6775 1133
Fax: (65) 6772 1973
Click here for enquiries related to admissions or entry requirements.