Creating Liveable Cities Through Innovation
Here, at the Diploma in Architecture (DARCH), we strive to nurture you as a future-ready designer today, grounded in 5 key aptitudes: the sustainable practitioner, the emphatic designer, the technological embracer, the data native, and the self-directed critical thinker. At DARCH, you will have the opportunity to pursue your curiosity and bring your dreams to life in creative and meaningful ways.
You will first develop your design fundamentals in a year-long Common Foundation program. Working alongside design students from the Diploma in Interior Design and Landscape Architecture, you will broaden and deepen your understanding and appreciation of the intricate relationship between design and the body, spaces and the environment.
With a remarkable 60-year legacy, our programme remains dynamic, continuously adapting to the ever-evolving factors shaping urban experiences. We impart relevant, industry-aligned skillsets so that our students can thrive in the architectural industry of the future. Through a project-based approach, you’ll be able to tap into your curiosity to create and innovate effective solutions to meet the demands of the market.
Learn the latest innovations in cutting-edge building technologies and digital tools such as virtual building twins, computer-aided design and machine-aided fabrication. As Singapore advances in green building design, you will apply your knowledge to seamlessly blend sustainability, technology, and innovation to create vibrant and liveable cities.
If you’re keen to play an essential role in shaping a brighter and greener future through design, join us at the Diploma in Architecture and embark on an exhilarating journey to impact how people live, breathe, and connect with their surroundings.
What You Can Expect
- Build a strong foundation in your first year while connecting with fellow students from the Diploma in Architecture, Diploma in Interior Design and Diploma in Landscape Architecture.
- Develop strong research foundation with a focus on critical thinking and emphasis on enhancing your design ideas.
- Develop know-hows in creating aesthetically pleasing and sustainable buildings, while leveraging on both hands-on exploration and digital, parametric design.
- Engage in project-based curriculum that mirror professional workflows and receive valuable critiques for real-world assessments.
- Experience the vibrant energy of our open collaborative studio spaces where you’ll collaborate and spark innovative ideas together.
- Gain broad exposure to design trends by participating in local study trips and workshops conducted by local and international designers and alumni.
- Be inspired at our exciting workshops that complement the core curriculum, giving you opportunities to explore new techniques, cutting edge tools such as 3-D printers, robotic automation and Augmented Reality/Virtual Reality (AR/VR) to expand your creativity.
- Embark on transformative overseas study trips and discover the diverse architectural wonders of other cultures (subject to travel restrictions).
- Be mentored and empowered by a dedicated and experienced teaching team who are passionate about nurturing you to greater heights.
- Enjoy advanced standing at established overseas and local universities.
- A world of opportunities awaits you in the Built Environment sector. Find out about the career options and pathways available to DARCH graduates here
In Their Own Words
Having performed my internship at a renowned local architecture firm for 2 months, it was eyeopening
to see how it is like in the working world. The Computer
Aided Design software learnt in school was very beneficial and I
was able to apply my skills during my internship. Learning about
the codes and regulations of government agencies like BCA,
URA and SCFD and applying them in my school projects allowed me to understand and adapt to the working environment and pace in the firm quickly!
DARCH Gold Medallist
Internship at DP Architects