60 hours / 15 days
6:30pm - 10:30pm, Monday and Thursday
Mode of Training:
T932, Singapore Polytechnic
Cloud Computing Architecture is an AWS Academy curriculum designed to help students develop technical expertise in cloud computing and prepare them for the AWS Certified Solutions Architect –Associate certification exam. The curriculum is delivered through instructor-led classes, hands-on labs, and project work. Students have access to course manuals, online knowledge assessments, and hands-on labs.
Cloud Computing Architecture teaches students how to:
• Identify the value and benefits of cloud computing and AWS
• Understand methods and tools to maintain security and protect data
• Explain the financial advantages of the AWS cloud
• Navigate the AWS Management Console
• Differentiate between AWS storage options
• Understand AWS compute and networking options
• Describe and use AWS database options
• Identify deployment and management options
• Make decisions based on recommended architectural principles and best practices
• Create a cloud migration roadmap and plan
• Use AWS to make infrastructure scalable
• Create a business continuity plan and achieve high availability
• Create event-driven scaling
• Automate the deployment of cloud resources
• Design architectures to decouple infrastructure and reduce interdependencies
• Optimize data storage for static content
• Identify best practices prescribed in the Well-Architected framework
• Identify and solve common configuration and design issues
• Differentiate between architectures for data processing and analytics, mobile back-ends, and
• Video transcoding
• Understand the AWS Certified Solutions Architect – Associate exam structure and questions
UNIT 1: Introduction to Cloud Computing
• What is Cloud Computing?
• Leveraging Cloud Computing
• Cloud Economics and Total Cost of Ownership
UNIT 2: Getting Started with AWS
• AWS Compute, Storage, and Networking
• AWS Security, Identity, and Access Management
• AWS Database Options
• AWS Elasticity and Management Tools
UNIT 3: Architecting on AWS
• Part 1: Introduction to System Design
• AWS Essentials Review
• Designing Your Environment
• System Design for High Availability (Part I & II)
• Part 2: Automation and Serverless Architectures
• Event-Driven Scaling
• Automating Your Infrastructure
• Mid-curriculum project
• Decoupling Your Infrastructure
• Designing Web-Scale Storage
• Part 3: Well-Architected Best Practices
• Introducing the Well-Architected Framework
• Well-Architected Pillar 1: Security
• Well Architected Pillar 2: Reliability
• Well Architected Pillar 3: Performance Efficiency
• Well Architected Pillar 4: Cost Optimization
• Part 4: Deployment and Implementation
• Design Patterns and Sample Architectures
• Final project
Undergraduate, Graduate or Professionals seeking cloud computing expertise.
Minimum Entry Requirements / Assumed Skills and Knowledge
Cloud Computing Architecture requires a strong foundation in IT concepts and skills.
Award / Certification / Accreditation
Certificate of Completion by AWS and Singapore Polytechnic Certificate of Attendance
Course Fees payable:
|Singapore Citizens aged below 40 and Singapore PRs||Singapore Citizens||Others|
|Non-SME sponsored||1Sponsored by SME||2Aged 40 and above||3Aged 35 and above, and earn ≤ $2,000 per month|
Singaporeans aged 25 years and above may use **SkillsFuture Credit balance to offset respective course fees.1 Under the Enhanced Training Support for Small & Medium Enterprises (SMEs) Scheme. For more information, click here2 Under the SkillsFuture Mid-career Enhanced Subsidy. For more information, visit the SkillsFuture website here.3 Under the Workfare Training Support (WTS) scheme. For more information on the scheme, click here.
1. SkillsFuture (SF) Series
Singaporeans and Singapore PRs are eligible for 70% course fee funding for registration with effect from 28 October 2017. This funding is applicable to both individual and company-sponsored participants. Participants are required to achieve at least 75% attendance and/or sit and pass any prescribed examinations/assessments or submit any course/project work (if any) under the course requirement.
Singaporeans aged 40 years and above will enjoy a 90% subsidy of course fee.
Funding Validity Period: Till 31 Dec 2020
2. SkillsFuture Credit** (SFC)
With effect from January 2016, Singaporeans aged 25 years and above who received their SkillsFuture Credit account activation letter will be eligible for an initial credit of $500 which can be used to pay for course fees for a range of eligible skills-related courses. The credits can be used on top of existing course fee subsidies/funding.
This is only applicable for self-sponsored applicants. Application via SkillsFuture Portal can only be made starting from 60 days before the course commencement date.
3. Union Training Assistance Programme (UTAP)
UTAP is a training benefit for NTUC members to defray their cost of training. This benefit is to encourage more NTUC members to go for skills upgrading.
NTUC members enjoy 50% *unfunded course fee support for up to $250 each year when you sign up for courses supported under UTAP.
*Terms and conditions apply. Participants must be paid-up NTUC Members with no arrears in membership fees before course commencement and throughout the whole course duration.
*Unfunded course fee refers to the balance course fee payable after applicable government subsidy. This excludes GST, registration fees, misc. fees etc.
Withdrawal and Deferment
Withdrawal and deferment notice must be made in writing to the Professional & Adult Continuing Education (PACE) Academy, Singapore Polytechnic via email accordingly:
Online Courses - firstname.lastname@example.org
All other Courses - email@example.com
For withdrawal cases, the portion of course fee to be refunded is based on the date of notice as follows:
- 2 weeks before the commencement of the course - Full refund
- Less than 2 weeks before commencement of the course - 70% refund
- On or after date of commencement - No refund
- There will be no refund or transfer of course once the account has been created.
The Singapore Polytechnic reserves the right to cancel or postpone any of the courses. Applicants will be duly notified and where applicable, the full fees will be refunded.
The Singapore Polytechnic also reserves the right to amend the fees charged or the period and duration of the courses.
The data provided to Singapore Polytechnic will be kept strictly confidential and will be used for the purpose of course administration. The data may be passed on to the relevant organisations that require the information related to the course.
*Please note that once the maximum class size is reached, the online registration will be closed.
1. All applications must be made via Online Registration at www.pace.sp.edu.sg
Course fees can be paid by the following payment modes:
a) Credit Cards, Internet Banking, NETS (Not Applicable for company sponsored)
For e-payment using Visa/Master cards and Internet Banking, please click on the ‘Make e-Payment’ button on the acknowledgement page to proceed.
b) For NETS payment, you can pay at:
Please make cheques payable to “Singapore Polytechnic”. Do cross the cheque and write the Registration Reference ID, Applicant Name and NRIC/FIN number at the back of the cheque. When you have completed required details, you may mail the cheque here.
Please note that an administrative charge of $15 will be imposed for any returned cheques from the bank or financial institution.
2. All successful applicants will be notified with a letter of confirmation via email.