To be confirmed
To be confirmed
8 hours / 1 day
9am to 6pm
Mode of Training:
Effective negotiation helps to resolve situations where what we want conflicts with what someone else wants. The aim of win-win negotiation is to find a solution that is acceptable to both parties, and leaves both parties feeling that they've won, in some way, after the event.
• Why we negotiate?
• Difference between Trader or Negotiator
• The difference between bartering and negotiating
• 7 basic steps before you negotiate:
• What to avoid when negotiating
• What are currency of negotiations
• Why negotiations impact relationships?
• What is Conflict Resolution
2. Strategies & Tips:
• Negotiating Strategies
• Basic negotiating tips
• Negotiating Tips to Uncover Hidden Agendas
• Knowing Your Bottom Line
• The Art of Persuasion
• 10 Persuasion Techniques
• Learn to communicate effectively
• When to accept an offer
• When to Use Power
• Essential elements in personal negotiating
3. Negotiation on Special Occasions :
• Negotiating with a Stranger
• How to Negotiate Discounts for Paying Early
• How to Negotiate a Salary
• When to Negotiate a Raise
• How to Negotiate a Severance Package
• How to Make Up After a Fight
• Being Right Isn't Winning
• How to negotiate a Divorce Settlement Agreement
The course is designed for anyone whose work involves or interested in negotiation or persuasion regardless of whether they are from the public sector, private sector, voluntary groups or the general public.
Minimum Entry Requirements / Assumed Skills and Knowledge
Award / Certification / Accreditation
• Certificate of Attendance (electronic Certificate will be issued)
Michael Giam is an international business professional with more than 2 decades of senior management experience working in highly complex and cross-cultural business environments. By focusing on business and market fundamentals as well as human capital development, Michael assisted companies to establish clear and achievable strategic business goals.
Michael has worked for several MNCs including CWT Distribution Limited (Singapore), International Data Corporation (USA), the Millennium & Copthorne International Hotels Group (Singapore), Marriott International (in China) and Melco China Resorts (Holding) Limited.More about the trainer
| ||Singapore Citizens aged 50 and above ||Singapore PRs/Foreigners|
|Funding available||50% of the course fee excluding GST (capped at $500 per course)||Nil|
|Course Fees Payable||$142.50 (incl. of GST)||$267.50 (incl. of GST)|
1. Government subsidy will only apply to the course fee portion and will not cover GST
2. For more information on National Silver Academy (NSA), please click here
Please see Funding Incentives for more information.
Please click here for more information on funding incentives.
*Please note that once the maximum class size is reached, the online registration will be closed.
1. All applications must be made via Online Registration at www.pace.sp.edu.sg
Course fees can be paid by the following payment modes:
a) Credit Cards, Internet Banking, NETS
(Not Applicable for company sponsored)
For e-payment using Visa/Master cards and Internet Banking, please click on the ‘Make e-Payment’ button on the acknowledgement page to proceed.
b) For NETS payment,
you can pay at:
Singapore PolytechnicPACE Academy
Please make cheques payable to “Singapore Polytechnic”. Do cross the cheque and write the Registration Reference ID, Applicant Name and NRIC/FIN number at the back of the cheque. When you have completed required details, you may mail the cheque here
Please note that an administrative charge of $15 will be imposed for any returned cheques from the bank or financial institution.
2. All successful applicants will be notified with a letter of confirmation via email.