|Course Date||Registration Period||Mode of Training||Status|
3 Oct - 7 Oct 2022
|1 Apr 2022 to 19 Sep 2022||Hybrid|
10 Oct - 14 Oct 2022
|1 Apr 2022 to 26 Sep 2022||Hybrid|
5 Nov 2022 to 10 Dec 2022. (Run 4)
|18 August 2022 to 21 Oct 2022||Hybrid||Open|
Hybrid – Both Online lessons and practical training.
8:30am to 6:30pm, Monday to Friday (Run 1,2)
8:30am to 3:30pm, Saturday (Run 4)
MOM declaration form is needed for the course and examination. Please click here to download the declaration form. Please upload the completed form during the online registration prior to the training course and bring the original printed completed form on the day of the training course.
This programme consists of 2 parts:
1. Training course with examination and
2. Certificate of Competency (recognised by the Ministry of Manpower)
Through the training course, participants will learn the safety aspects of boiler operation, the correct operational practices in all kinds of boiler operation and their maintenance. Participants will subsequently sit through an examination at the end
of the course, provided they meet the minimum entry requirements for examination.
Upon passing the examination, participants will be eligible to apply and obtain a Class 2 Boiler Attendant Certificate of Competency which is recognised by the Ministry of Manpower.
The training course content is aimed at escalating the knowledge base and safety awareness of participants.
1. Various boiler designs, constructions and principles of steam generation plant and feed water loop.
2. Boiler mountings.
3. Boiler water chemistry.
4. Boiler combustion and automation.
5. Boiler safe operation and control.
WSH Legislation and duties of Boiler Operators.
7. Boiler accidents their causes and prevention.
8. Demonstration and hands-on practical in Boiler House and Simulator.
9. Examination comprising of 4 tests: MCQ test, Simulator test,
Oral test and Practical tests
Should you wish to take only the examination without going through the training course, please click here to register.
Technical personnel who have worked and assisted with the operation of steam boilers and steam plant.
Minimum Entry Requirements / Assumed Skills and Knowledge
Minimum Entry Requirements for training course:
1. The applicant must be at least 21 years old and able to communicate and understand Basic English language.
2. Complete a MOM declaration form
on the day of examination. Please click here to download the declaration form. Please upload the completed form during the online registration prior to the training course and bring the original completed form on the day of the training course
Minimum Entry Requirements for examination:
1. The applicant must have at least 24 months of relevant working experience assisting in operational charge of a steam boiler or equivalent.
a MOM declaration form on the day of examination. Please click here to download the declaration form.
Award / Certification / Accreditation
• Certificate of Attendance (electronic Certificate will be issued)
A Certificate of Attendance will be awarded to participants who meet at least 75% attendance rate
• Upon successful completion of the examinations at SP, the candidate
may apply for Certificate of Competency via this link
Eligible for SkillsFuture CreditTerms and Conditions
*Please note that once the maximum class size is reached, the online registration will be closed. You may register your interest, and would be notified if there is a new run.
Please note that the registration is only for the Training Course with examinations. Upon passing the examination of the course, a separate link will be sent for you to make payment for the Certificate of Competency or you may apply for Certificate of
Competency via this link
1. All applications must be made via Online Registration at www.pace.sp.edu.sg
Course fees can be paid by the following payment modes:
a) Credit Cards, Internet Banking, NETS (Not Applicable for company sponsored)
For e-payment using Visa/Master cards and Internet Banking, please click on the ‘Make e-Payment’ button on the acknowledgement page to proceed.
b) For NETS payment, you can pay at:
c) For payment via PayNow, please enter the UEN No. T08GB0056ACET and indicate the invoice/registration number.
*With effect from 1 August 2021, cheque payment will not be available.
2. All successful applicants will be notified with a letter of confirmation via email.
For course specific details:
Mr. Joseph Lee, Course Coordinator