90 hours / 10 days
8:00am to 6:00pm, Monday to Friday
Mode of Training:
Facilitated Learning (F2F) and Practical Training
The Energy & Chemicals (E&C) industry accounted for nearly S$63 billion or 25% of Singapore’s total manufacturing output in 2016, and the industry hires more than 22,000 employees. It comprises of 4 key sub-sectors, namely refineries, crackers; petrochemicals, and specialty chemicals.
Specialty chemicals is identified as a growing sub-sector in Energy and Chemicals’ Industry Transformation Map (ITM) as well as a growing function. There is an impending demand for a skilled workforce to serve this growing industry. Training in specific skills such as sound understanding of the functionality and applications of specialty materials, formulation and characterization / evaluation techniques, new product innovation, design thinking etc. are particularly essential to bridge the prevalent competency gaps in the current workforce.
The course was co-created with industry to ensure relevancy of knowledge and competency. It aims to equip new entrants and mid-career PMETs with the knowledge and skills to pursue a career in the consumer chemicals sector in roles ranging from associate researcher, application technician, chemist, formulator, product development, regulatory associate, technical service representative, consumer research associate, marketing etc.
The module is a hands-on module for CET learners to put their learning in Personal Care into practice by working in teams to design products and services taking from deep understanding of user experience. Learners will be exposed to design thinking methodology and tools as a way to analyze insights and generate design ideas. The learners will also translate some of the ideas into integrated experience prototypes for testing and feedback.
Participants expecting to find employment or upgrade their knowledge and skills in the consumer chemicals sector.
Minimum Entry Requirements / Assumed Skills and Knowledge
• Applicants should have a Polytechnic Diploma/Degree in relevant Science/Engineering discipline or equivalent qualifications.
• Applicants who do not meet the entry requirements may be considered for admission to the course based on evidence of at least 2 years of relevant working experience or supporting evidence of competency readiness.
• Suitable applicants who are shortlisted may be required to go through an interview and/or entrance test.
• The Polytechnic reserves the right to shortlist and admit applicants.
Basic knowledge on raw ingredients for personal care products.
Award / Certification / Accreditation
• Certificate of Attendance (electronic Certificate will be issued)
A Certificate of Attendance will be awarded to participants who meet at least 75% attendance rate
• Certificate of Performance (electronic Certificate will be issued)
A Certificate of Performance will be awarded to participants who pass the examination and meet at least 75% attendance rate
Eligible for SkillsFuture CreditTerms and Conditions*Please note that once the maximum class size is reached, the online registration will be closed.
You may register your interest, and would be notified if there is new run.
1. All applications must be made via Online Registration at www.pace.sp.edu.sg
Course fees can be paid by the following payment modes:
a) Credit Cards, Internet Banking, NETS (Not Applicable for company sponsored)
For e-payment using Visa/Master cards and Internet Banking, please click on the ‘Make e-Payment’ button on the acknowledgement page to proceed.
b) For NETS payment, you can pay at:
c) For payment via PayNow, please enter the UEN No. T08GB0056ACET and indicate the invoice/registration number.
*With effect from 1 August 2021, cheque payment will not be available.
2. All successful applicants will be notified with a letter of confirmation via email.