Mode of Training:
By the end of the course, learners will be able to:
• Identify the challenges faced during Design Processes when using BIM.
• Describe the work processes involved in BIM Design Documentation.
• Apply BIM theoretical principles for Design Visualisation and Spatial Coordination amongst different Design Principles.
• Apply BIM theoretical principles for Disciplinary Strategies for Model Integration.
• Identify BIM Objects’ purposes.
• Apply BIM theoretical principles for Team Work BIM Server.
• Apply BIM theoretical principles for Project Review and Coordination.
• Apply BIM theoretical principles for Tendering, Quantity Take-off [QTO] and Costing.
This Course aims at providing trainees with the Understanding of BIM Data and Modelling Work processes involved when executing Integrated Digital Delivery [IDD]. Lectures will be conducted through facilitated learning. Trainees will be taught with BIM for Design Processes, BIM for Design Documentation and Authority Submission, BIM for Design Visualisation, BIM for Spatial Coordination, BIM Disciplinary Strategies for Model Integration, Work-sharing methodologies, BIM Objects modelling, BIM for Project Periodic Reviews, Tendering and Quantity Take Off purposes.
Course Content & Structure
|Topic||No. of Hours|
|1. Introduction to Design Coordination and Documentation||3|
|2. BIM for Documentation and Submission||3|
|3. BIM for Design Visualisation and Spatial Coordination||3|
|4. BIM Disciplinary Strategies for Model Integration||3|
|5. BIM Objects Team Work BIM Server||3|
|6. BIM for Project Review and Coordination||3|
|7. BIM for Tendering Quantity Take-off and Costing||3|
|8. Assessment - MCQ Test||3|
Breakdown of Duration of Modes of Delivery
|Modes of Delivery||No. of Hours|
* Facilitated Learning includes both lectures in a classroom and/or practical sessions in a workshop or laboratory.
Built Environment (BE) Industry
Minimum Entry Requirements / Assumed Skills and Knowledge
The participant shall be a graduate of a relevant Architectural, Landscape Architectural, Civil, Electrical and Mechanical Engineering or related diploma, with prior BIM software knowledge, from any of the ITEs, or Polytechnics in Singapore. Applicants with other equivalent qualifications will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
Award / Certification / Accreditation
• Certificate of Attendance (electronic Certificate will be issued)
A Certificate of Attendance will be awarded to participants who meet at least 75% attendance rate
• Certificate of Performance (electronic Certificate will be issued)
A Certificate of Performance will be awarded to participants who pass the assessment and meet at least 75% attendance rate
Course Fees payable:
|Singapore Citizens aged below 40 and Singapore PRs||Singapore Citizens||Others|
|Non-SME sponsored||1Sponsored by SME||2Aged 40 and above||3Aged 35 and above, and earn ≤ $2,000 per month|
Singaporeans aged 25 years and above may use **SkillsFuture Credit balance to offset respective course fees.
1 Under the Enhanced Training Support for Small & Medium Enterprises (SMEs) Scheme. For more information, click here. Please submit the attached “Declaration Form for Enhanced Training Support Scheme for SME” together with your online application.
2 Under the SkillsFuture Mid-career Enhanced Subsidy. For more information, visit the SkillsFuture website here.
3 Under the Workfare Training Support (WTS) scheme. For more information on the scheme, click here.
Please click here for more information on funding incentives.
*Please note that once the maximum class size is reached, the online registration will be closed.
1. All applications must be made via Online Registration at www.pace.sp.edu.sg
Course fees can be paid by the following payment modes:
a) Credit Cards, Internet Banking, NETS (Not Applicable for company sponsored)
For e-payment using Visa/Master cards and Internet Banking, please click on the ‘Make e-Payment’ button on the acknowledgement page to proceed.
b) For NETS payment, you can pay at:
Please make cheques payable to “Singapore Polytechnic”. Do cross the cheque and write the Registration Reference ID, Applicant Name and NRIC/FIN number at the back of the cheque. When you have completed required details, you may mail the cheque here.
Please note that an administrative charge of $15 will be imposed for any returned cheques from the bank or financial institution.
2. All successful applicants will be notified with a letter of confirmation via email.