9 – 10 September 2019
26 Feb - 30 August 2019
* Registration will be closed once seats are filled up
14 hours / 2 days
9am to 5pm, Monday & Tuesday
Mode of Training:
This course serves to highlight the importance of risk management in event planning and management for all levels of professions. Throughout the course, participants will be able to enhance their knowledge and skills pertaining to risks in event management, and improve the standard and quality of future events. In addition, participants will also be able to avoid certain pitfalls relating to risk management.
By the end of the course, participants will be able to:
• Apply concepts of conceptualization and proposal planning, marketing/publicity, organising and budgeting, event logistics, showdown and evaluation in event planning.
• Identify the relevant legal requirements in the WSH Act applicable for events
• Identify common hazards and risks relevant to events
• Perform risk assessment for events
• Employ risk management for events
Day 1 – Event Planning
• Conceptualisation and proposal planning
• Marketing/publicity, organizing and budgeting
• Event logistics, showdown and evaluation
Day 2 – WSH in Events / Risk Management
• Introduction to WSH Act
• Hazards and Risk Identification
• Risk Management
• Case Study (Risk Assessment)
Executives who will oversee event setup and operations.
Minimum Entry Requirements / Assumed Skills and Knowledge
• At least 1 year of working experience in the MICE/Events industry
• Committed to deepening skills in the industry
• Relevance of course to current/future job function
Award / Certification / Accreditation
• Certificate of Attendance
A Certificate of Attendance will be awarded to participants who meet at least 75% attendance rate
• Certificate of Performance
A Certificate of Performance will be awarded to participants who pass the examination and meet at least 75% attendance rate
• 14 SDU points will be awarded.
Course Fees payable:
$460.10 (incl. GST)
Withdrawal and Deferment
Withdrawal and deferment notice must be made in writing to the Professional & Adult Continuing Education (PACE) Academy, Singapore Polytechnic via email accordingly:
Online Courses - email@example.com
All other Courses - firstname.lastname@example.org
For withdrawal cases, the portion of course fee to be refunded is based on the date of notice as follows:
- 2 weeks before the commencement of the course - Full refund
- Less than 2 weeks before commencement of the course - 70% refund
- On or after date of commencement - No refund
There will be no refund or transfer of course once the account has been created.
The Singapore Polytechnic reserves the right to cancel or postpone any of the courses. Applicants will be duly notified and where applicable, the full fees will be refunded.
The Singapore Polytechnic also reserves the right to amend the fees charged or the period and duration of the courses.
The data provided to Singapore Polytechnic will be kept strictly confidential and will be used for the purpose of course administration. The data may be passed on to the relevant organisations that require the information related to the course.
1. All applications must be made via Online Registration at www.pace.sp.edu.sg
Course fees can be paid by the following payment modes:
a) Credit Cards, Internet Banking, NETS (Not Applicable for company sponsored)
For e-payment using Visa/Master cards and Internet Banking, please click on the ‘Make e-Payment’ button on the acknowledgement page to proceed.
b) For NETS payment, you can pay at:
Please make cheques payable to “Singapore Polytechnic”. Do cross the cheque and write the Registration Reference ID, Applicant Name and NRIC/FIN number at the back of the cheque. When you have completed required details, you may mail the cheque here.
Please note that an administrative charge of $15 will be imposed for any returned cheques from the bank or financial institution.
2. All successful applicants will be notified with a letter of confirmation via email.