Diploma in Optometry (DOPT - S67)
Take a moment to consider the importance of eyesight and the impact it has, once it is lost. Indeed, caring for the health of others is a noble calling, especially when it comes to something as important as vision.
Due to the high prevalence of myopia in children and a rapidly aging population, quality optometrists are highly sought after to provide quality eye care to the community. Our three-year Diploma in Optometry (DOPT) course aims to produce professionally competent optometrists.
The scope of Optometry includes managing refractive errors (such as myopia and presbyopia) through spectacle and contact lens correction, and detecting common eye diseases (such as cataract, diabetic retinopathy and glaucoma).
Upon graduation, you would be able to register as a provisional optometrist with the Optometrists and Opticians Board.
- First tertiary institution in Singapore to offer this course since 1994
- Our students start working with patients in the first year and continue with greater responsibilities in the subsequent years
- Excellent clinical and laboratory facilities and SP Optometry Centre provides you with hands-on experience using state-of-the-art precision instruments and equipment
- Regular industrial attachments at hospitals, optometric practices, contact lens or ophthalmic lens companies to widen your scope and experience in optometry
- 22-week-long internship in the final semester is a key component
- Opportunities for overseas exposure via community service projects or attachments to optometry schools and research institutions abroad
Singapore Polytechnic Optometry Centre
Click on the image below to download the School Brochure:
(PDF, 11,800 KB)