Diploma in Chemical Engineering (DCHE - S70)
Catalysing Innovations, Empowering the Future
Join us @ Chemical Engineering in SP if you have a passion for science, mathematics and technology, and if you want a fulfilling and meaningful learning journey. Here, you’ll be empowered to investigate problems and design solutions and products
using sustainable, cost-effective, safe and cutting-edge processes for the chemical industry.
Make a meaningful contribution to the world
In chemical engineering, you will learn about changing raw materials into useful products that you use every day in a safe and sustainable way. You will understand how to alter the chemical, biochemical or physical state of a substance to create many
products from seaweed wine to natural dyes.
If you aspire to leave a lasting impact and shape the future, join our Diploma in Chemical Engineering (DCHE) course and be a catalyst for positive change.
Accolades and Industry Recognition
- First diploma programme in Singapore to be fully accredited by the Institution of Chemical Engineers, IChemE, United Kingdom, since 1997.
The full IChemE accreditation signifies worldwide recognition by universities and industries of the rigour and quality of our programme
- A chemical engineering diploma course that provides active learning to students and balances theoretical knowledge with realistic applications of chemical engineering principles using the CDIO Framework
- DCHE graduates find employment in Jurong Island, which is Singapore’s centrepiece for refining, petrochemical and specialty chemicals
activities, or Tuas Biomedical Park, which is Singapore’s pharmaceutical manufacturing facilities to meet the world’s
Energy and Chemicals Training Centre
The Centre will train students and learners from the Energy and Chemicals, Pharmaceutical and Biopharmaceutical sectors to help close critical skills gaps and harness advanced digital technologies, to boost productivity and optimise resources.
What You Can Expect
- Gain valuable industry exposure and network with industry professionals through internships at local and overseas chemical processing companies and institutions such as Shell, Abbott and Proctor & Gamble
- Enjoy direct entry and advanced standing to renowned local and overseas universities. Find out more about your further study options here
- You will gain valuable hands-on experience in operating a “live” plant which is sustainably design with zero waste.
- You will be exposed to a realistic work environment mimicking the chemical industry using the equipment and pilot plants in the Energy & Chemicals Training Centre.
- Explore a wide array of career options and pathways here