DIPLOMA IN AERONAUTICAL ENGINEERING (S88)
SP is the first to launch the Diploma in Aeronautical Engineering (DARE) course in Singapore in 2002. Since then, the DARE course has become one of the most sought-after Engineering diplomas in Singapore.
The course provides a solid foundation in Mechanical Engineering for subsequent specialisation in aircraft-related modules. Our premier status in education has been forged through sturdy bonds with prestigious aerospace organisations. These include, but
is not limited to, Singapore Technologies Engineering Aerospace, the Republic of Singapore Air Force, Singapore Airlines Engineering Company, Pratt & Whitney and Bombardier Aerospace Services Singapore.
You will get to learn in a 4,660 square metres state-of-the-art training facility: the Aerohub that simulates your future working environment. Training facilities includes four aircraft and two full-motion simulators, one of which was developed and built
in-house. Teaching and Learning is based on the proven CDIO (Conceive-Design-Implement-Operate) framework and Design Thinking methodology.
As an official training partner for ST Engineering Aerospace under CAAS Approved Maintenance Training Organisation (SAR-147), this course will prepare you well to work in the aerospace industry and help you gain an advanced standing in the local and international
universities you wish to further your studies in.
For those who aspire to be an aircraft pilot or CAAS-certified drone pilot, there are opportunities to take electives or extra courses to pursue your passion.
In Singapore Polytechnic, we prepare our learners to be life ready, work ready, world ready for the transformation of Singapore.
- State-of-the-art aircraft training facilities: The Aerohub equipped with four aircraft (Hawker 125-700A, King Air B90, A4SU Super Skyhawk and Bell UH-1H Helicopter) and full motion flight simulators to provide authentic aircraft training experience.
- A curriculum that is aligned to the “Singapore Airworthiness Requirements Part 66” (SAR 66) specified by the Civil Aviation Authority of Singapore (CAAS) to prepare you for a career as a Licensed Aircraft Maintenance Engineer upon
- An opportunity to pursue a Private Pilot License (PPL) at the Singapore Youth Flying Club (SYFC).
- Accredited by skills framework for Air Transport and Aerospace sector.
- Electives in the following areas mapped to the Aerospace Engineering and Air Transport skills framework:
- Advanced Aerospace Design and Manufacturing
- Advanced Aircraft Maintenance Practices and Aerospace Composite Repair
- Fleet Technical Management
- Aviation Management
- An exciting 2-week overseas exchange programme (Learning Express) where you will use your skills and knowledge to improve lives in the real world.
- Opportunities to take part in local and overseas competitions such as the Singapore Amazing Flying Machine Competition (SAFMC) and World Skills Competition (WSC).
*Applicants should not be suffering from severe vision deficiency (including colour vision), acute hearing impairment or uncontrolled epilepsy. Interested applicants with any of these conditions are advised to contact Singapore Polytechnic for
MAE brings out the A in ME!