DIPLOMA IN AERONAUTICAL ENGINEERING (S88)
SP is the first to launch the Diploma in Aeronautical Engineering (DARE) course in Singapore in 2002. Since then, the DARE course has gone on to become one of the most sought after Engineering diplomas. The course provides a solid foundation in Mechanical
Engineering for subsequent specialisation in aircraft-related modules. Our premier status in education has been forged through sturdy bonds with prestigious aerospace organisations. These include, but is not limited to, Singapore Technologies Engineering
Aerospace, the Republic of Singapore Air Force, Singapore Airlines Engineering Company, Pratt & Whitney and Bombardier Aerospace Services Singapore.
You will get to learn in a 4,660 square metres state-of-the-art Aerohub that simulates a real working environment. Training facilities includes our aircraft and two full-motion simulators, one of which is developed and built in-house. Teaching and Learning
is based on the proven CDIO (Conceive-Design-Implement-Operate) framework and Design Thinking methodology. As an official ST Engineering Aerospace CAAS Approved Maintenance Training Organisation (SAR-147), this course will prepare you well to work
in the aerospace industry as well as to further your studies in local and overseas universities. You are also able to gain advanced standing in local or overseas universities.
For those who aspire to be an aircraft pilot or CAAS certified drone pilot, there are opportunities to take electives or extra courses to pursue your passion.
In Singapore polytechnic, we prepare our learners to be life ready, work ready, world ready for the transformation of Singapore.
- State-of-the-art aircraft training facilities at the Aerohub with four aircraft (Hawker 125-700A, King Air B90, A4SU Super Skyhawk and Bell UH-1H Helicopter) and full motion flight simulators to provide authentic aircraft training experience.
- A curriculum that is aligned to the “Singapore Airworthiness Requirements Part 66” (SAR 66) specified by the Civil Aviation Authority of Singapore (CAAS) to prepare you for a career as a Licensed Aircraft Maintenance Engineer upon
- Advanced Standing (Credit exemption) for local and overseas universities.
- Electives in the areas of
- Advanced Aerospace Design and Manufacturing
- Advanced Aircraft Maintenance Practices and Aerospace Composite Repair
- Fleet Technical Management
- Aviation Management
- Accredited by skills framework for Air Transport and Aerospace sector.
- Mapped to Aerospace Engineering and Air Transport Skills framework.
- Internship opportunities with leading aerospace companies such as ST Engineering (Aerospace), SIA Engineering Company, Pratt & Whitney and Bombardier.
- An exciting 2-week overseas exchange programme (Learning Express) where you will use your skills and knowledge to improve lives in the real world.
- Opportunity to pursue a Private Pilot License (PPL) at the Singapore Youth Flying Club (SYFC).
- Opportunities to join the premium engineering academy programme and take part in local and overseas competitions such as the Singapore Amazing Flying Machine Competition (SAFMC) and World Skills Competition (Aircraft Maintenance Trade).
MAE brings out the A in ME!
Click on the image below to download the School Brochure: