28 & 29 Mar, 1 & 2 Apr 2019 (Full)
(Course is full, please register your interest so that we can inform you of the next run)
30 hours / 4 days
Day 1: 3 hours of e-learning (at the participant’s own time prior to classroom training) + 4 classroom facilitated learning
Day 2: 8 hours of face-to-face learning
Day 3: 3 hours of e-learning (at the participant’s own time prior to classroom training) + 4 classroom facilitated learning
Day 4: 8 hours of classroom facilitated learning
Mode of Training:
Singapore Polytechnic T1A31, Blk T1A, Level 3, Room T1A31 (28 & 29 Mar)
Singapore Polytechnic T1A32, Blk T1A, Level 3, Room T1A32 (1 & 2 Apr)
This course focuses on using various digital tools for effective online communication and collaboration. In addition, participants will be equipped with the knowledge and skills to plan and execute a productive online communication experience. Participants will also explore the world of Virtual Learning Communities to assist them to learn new knowledge and skills in an area of interest.
By the end of this course, participants will be able to:
• Explain the concepts for effective online communication
• Evaluate the various digital tools for online communication & collaboration
• Explain the pitfalls in poor online communication
• Appreciate social media potential and communication protocol
• Create a unique digital online presence and footprint
Module 1: Tools for Effective Online Communication
Module 2: Tools for Effective Online Collaboration
• Social Media platforms e.g. Facebook, Snapchat, Twitter
• Use transmedia to engage participants in a game scenario to manage a crisis
Complete 3 other courses to obtain a Certificate in Basic Digital Confidence. Click here to find out more.
Anyone who is open to building a future-ready mindset and be prepared and confident for changes in the digital world.
Minimum Entry Requirements / Assumed Skills and Knowledge
Basic English Proficiency
Award / Certification / Accreditation
• Certificate of Attendance (electronic Certificate will be issued)
A Certificate of Attendance will be awarded to participants who meet at least 75% attendance rate
• Certificate of Performance (electronic Certificate will be issued)
A Certificate of Performance will be awarded to participants who pass the examination and meet at least 75% attendance rate
1. All applications must be made via Online Registration at www.pace.sp.edu.sg
Course fees can be paid by the following payment modes:
a) Credit Cards, Internet Banking, NETS (Not Applicable for company sponsored)
For e-payment using Visa/Master cards and Internet Banking, please click on the ‘Make e-Payment’ button on the acknowledgement page to proceed.
b) For NETS payment, you can pay at:
Please make cheques payable to “Singapore Polytechnic”. Do cross the cheque and write the Registration Reference ID, Applicant Name and NRIC/FIN number at the back of the cheque. When you have completed required details, you may mail the cheque here.
Please note that an administrative charge of $15 will be imposed for any returned cheques from the bank or financial institution.
2. All successful applicants will be notified with a letter of confirmation via email.