Course Date: -
Registration Period: -
30 hours / 4 days
Day 1: 3 hours of e-learning (at the participant’s own time prior to classroom training) + 4 classroom facilitated learning
Day 2: 8 hours of face-to-face learning
Day 3: 3 hours of e-learning (at the participant’s own time prior to classroom training) + 4 classroom facilitated learning
Day 4: 8 hours of classroom facilitated learning
Mode of Training:
T2133 (4 & 5 Apr), Blk T21, Level 3, Room T2133
T912 (8 & 9 Apr), Blk T9, Level 1, Room T912
This course focuses on building good practices for cyber security in the daily digital interactions through various mediums. Participants will also be given opportunities to participate in a mini hands on project at the various Fab Labs to create their very own Internet of Things collateral.
By the end of this course, participants will be able to:
• Identify cyber security threats
• Create a personal plan to mitigate these threats
• Explain the consequences of non-action for cyber security threats
• Design and Build a personal IoT artefact
Explain the potential of IoT to improve work processes
Module 1: Internet of Things
Module 2: Basic Cybersecurity Principles
• Interactive quizzes to test understanding of cyber security threats
• Case Studies on cyber security threats and the consequences
• Develop IoT collateral that will help participants appreciate the potential of IoT.
Complete 3 other courses to obtain a Certificate in Basic Digital Confidence. Click here to find out more.
Anyone who is open to building a future-ready mindset and be prepared and confident for changes in the digital world.
Minimum Entry Requirements / Assumed Skills and Knowledge
Basic English Proficiency
Award / Certification / Accreditation
• Certificate of Attendance (electronic Certificate will be issued)
A Certificate of Attendance will be awarded to participants who meet at least 75% attendance rate
• Certificate of Performance (electronic Certificate will be issued)
A Certificate of Performance will be awarded to participants who pass the examination and meet at least 75% attendance rate
1. All applications must be made via Online Registration at www.pace.sp.edu.sg
Course fees can be paid by the following payment modes:
a) Credit Cards, Internet Banking, NETS (Not Applicable for company sponsored)
For e-payment using Visa/Master cards and Internet Banking, please click on the ‘Make e-Payment’ button on the acknowledgement page to proceed.
b) For NETS payment, you can pay at:PACE Academy
Please make cheques payable to “Singapore Polytechnic”. Do cross the cheque and write the Registration Reference ID, Applicant Name and NRIC/FIN number at the back of the cheque. When you have completed required details, you may mail the cheque here.
Please note that an administrative charge of $15 will be imposed for any returned cheques from the bank or financial institution.
2. All successful applicants will be notified with a letter of confirmation via email.